Phil: we meet again

Prompt: You run into Phil five years later after Uni.

Your POV

You were currently waiting in line to get one of your favourite smoothies. All the shopping you did today deserved some reward. In front of you was a tall young man ordering, he had black hair and... I mean his back was facing you so you couldn't see much. Once he turned around to wait for his smoothie he saw you and you saw him. That's when it hit you. It's Phil! From Uni! You let the person behind you go ahead in front of you and walked to where Phil was standing.

"Phil? Could that possibly be you?"
"Yes" he chuckled in confusion. "Do I know you?" He continued. He had a certain feeling you weren't a 'fan'.
"Oh dear, it's been so long you probably don't recognize me." You said in amusement. "It's y/n from Uni. Remember we had English together?"
"Ooh yes! Y/n y/l/n right?"
"Yup that's me... Hey you still doing those YouTube videos of yours you once showed me?"
He smiled big and said, "actually I am, it's something I enjoy doing so that's why I kept doing them for so long. What about you? What is it that you do now? Did you end up working for what you studied?"
You nodded your head in agreement and spoke up, "yeah, I'm currently working as a primary school teacher, I help the kids who need a little extra help with their academics."

That's when you see this tall guy running towards both of you. Your guess is he knows Phil. "Hey Phil!" You hear him say cheerfully. Well your guess was right. "Hey Phil, ok so I found what I was looking for. It was the last game available and I found it!" He says quite victoriously.
"Ahem.. Dan? Do you not see me talking to someone here." He says it jokingly. "Dan this is y/n, y/n this is Dan." He looks at Dan and tells him that we knew each other in Uni and now it's a coincidence were both standing here outside of the smoothie shop. He then explains to you that this 'Dan' guy is his flat mate and they've been making YouTube videos for a long time now.

They call Phil's name to remind him his drink is ready and so he goes and gets it. Once he comes back he says, "well y/n, it was nice running into to you. Hopefully we could hang out properly next time." He then gives you a sweet smile and hands you a piece of napkin with his phone number written on it. You look down at the napkin realising it was his number and say, "Sounds great Phil. I'll give you a call sometime." Phil then waves goodbye and so does his friend Dan. You're happy you ran into Phil. It felt good to have some old friends back in the picture. You then go order your smoothie and head home with all your shopping bags feeling really happy.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Well there's that. ☺️
Have an awesome day, Anne.🎀