Dan: date night...

Your POV

Date night. One of my favourite ways to spend time with Dan. Lately, he's been quite busy with his YouTube career. He has been going from meeting after meeting, getting together with big important people and making constant videos... Yeah that's right, constant. Of course I didn't want to sound selfish but I needed some time with Dan all by ourselves, just the two of us; therefore, date night is perfect. I don't want to get misunderstood, I completely 100% support Dan in his career and I want the best for him but a little time together won't hurt.

Right now, Dan was at some meeting over at YouTube headquarters but he texted me saying he couldn't wait for our date tonight and that he'd be here around 7:30ish. Time was approaching rather fast and so I decided I'd take a brisk shower and then do my makeup.

Once I showered, I dried off and began to put my make up on. Starting with foundation and finishing with lipstick. I went over to my closet and grabbed an airy pastel pink dress I recently bought, which I've been saving for this day. I thought, that since I haven't seen much of Dan recently, might as well look good. I grabbed my black heels and hand bag to go along with the shoes and made my way to the lounge. I sat there and checked the time, 7:22 pm. He should be here any minute now.

Time had passed, and it is now 8:37

Time had passed, and it is now 8:37. I got on my phone to see if I had gotten any missed calls or unseen text messages but there was none. I then heard a knock on my door rather aggressively. I went up to it and saw it was Dan. I opened the door and Dan instantly kept asking for forgiveness. All I heard him say was 'I'm sorry ok, I'm so sorry.' I grabbed his arm and pulled him into a tight embrace. Once we separated he moved his hand through his hair in one swift motion and said yet again, "listen y/n I really am sorry. This meeting thing lasted way longer than expected." I gave him my best reassuring smile and said with a small laugh, "it's ok Dan, don't worry about it. It's completely understandable." I wanted Dan to understand that unexpected things happen and that none of this was his fault.
"You look really nice by the way." He looked at me with that famous smirk of his and I thanked him.
"Well, sadly the reservations I had for tonight most likely got passed down to someone else. Is there anywhere else in mind you thought we'd go?" Dan asked apologetically.
"Hmm... There is that one new place called Fruity Smoothie I've been wanting to go to." You state.
"Fruity Smoothie it is." He grabs your hand to head out but you move away to quickly grab your Converse instead of wearing those heels.

The rest of the night went smoothly. We talked about what Dan had recently been doing and the stuff he's into now. But the sweetest thing is, he has been letting me talk and express myself. He wanted to know how I've been feeling, how my days at work have been like and simply everyday things.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Well there's that. Hope you had a little fun reading this, ik it's short but meh that's alright. And just in case if you were wondering, I made the image above, with the dress, on Polyvore. ☺️
Byee, Anne.
Ps. Thanks for 1k reads!!! Time to celebrate. 🎈 *hands everyone a slice of cake* 🍰 thank you so much guys. 😘