Dan: Misunderstandings

Your daughters first school dance and dan gets suspicious. Not sure if it makes sense but you'll see what I mean. Enjoy!
D/n = daughters name
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nobody's pov
D/n finally decides to go out of her room and show you and Dan how lovely she looks. She truly does look radiant in her 1950's inspired dress. Her hair curled up and makeup toned down to a classy look. D/n goes to where you are and asks, "sooo whatcha think mum?"

"Oh sweetheart you look absolutely stunning!"

D/n chuckles "thanks mum. Can't wait to show my friends!" She finishes with a big smile plastered on her lovely face.

"D/n why don't we go show your dad how pretty you look"

You and D/n both walk to where Dan sits scrolling through Tumblr. You'd think that after all these years Dan would slowly forget Tumblr... Yet here we are 17 years later.

"So.. What do ya think dad?"
Dan's eyes look up from his laptop, takes a look at his daughter, smiles and opens his mouth to say, "you look lovely... But what boy are you trying to impress?"

D/n eyes glare at him,"are you kidding me?! Are you actually kidding me? What's wrong with wanting to look nice for once? Just because a girl "dresses up" doesn't automatically mean it's to impress some guy!"

You look at Dan and give him a look as to say 'fix this now or else'

"D/n.. Listen I'm sorry ok. I was just asking but you're right, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look nice for yourself." Dan gives an apologetic look at d/n.
"Yeah well..I'm sorry for freaking out a bit."
Dan chuckles and says, "forget about it, you had every right to." Dan then gives her a quick hug and talks again,"here why don't we get going before it gets any later."
"Ok, one second." d/n then goes to her room to get her phone and bag while you and Dan wait for her.
"Hey Dan, thanks for that.. Just watch out for what you say next time. She can be fragile at times." You smile at Dan yet glaring at him a bit for fun.
"Yeah I know that now."
D/n then comes back to where you and Dan were and says cheerfully,"ok I'm ready."
"Well then, let's get going." You say while starting to make your way out of the house. You and Dan go drop her off at her school prom and when that's over you go pick her up and she seemed very happy. You begin wondering what had her so happy but decide not to question it to keep her happy all night long.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Definitely not proud of this one guys because I suck at endings but there's that. Till next time mates.
~Anne.