Chapter One

She didn't know how she ended up in Tulsa. Okay so, that's kind of a lie. Ever since she was a kid, she thought about moving to Tulsa. It was never one of those things she actually thought she would do, but....it was the kind of thing she would day dream about when her thoughts started to wonder.

When she was twelve, it was "I'm going to meet Zac Hanson at a concert and he's going to fall in love with me and we will get married and he will stick me on a plane and fly me to Tulsa to live with him and we'll have like, 10 babies."

Now she was a grown woman, had met Zac Hanson several times at concerts, but he had certainly never fallen in love with her. He had a string of girlfriends over the years, all of which were fans, and she had gotten married at the age of nineteen to her high school sweetheart. Not that she would have ever been Zac's type anyway. He always seemed to go for the same girl; long dark hair, tall, super model thin and, well, very...basic. She was none of those things.

She wasn't delusional. She had grown out of her teenage fantasies a long time ago, though she had never grown out of Hanson. She always went to a handful of shows every tour, traveling to different states and even countries. She went to every fan club event from Back To The Island to Hanson Day celebrations in Tulsa every May. That was, in fact, how she came to love that city.

So, when only six months after her marriage had crumbled, her only surviving relative; an uncle she had only met a handful of times as a child, passed away and left her with a hefty inheritance, she decided this was a good time to pack up her life and start fresh. She quit her job at the small coffee shop in Portland, Maine the very day she signed the last of the paper work needed to receive her small fortune, and started packing her things. She had no one tying her down and it didn't really matter where she ended up, it was all the same. So she may as well choose a place where she at least knew her way around and had a handful of friends that she had met in the area while she was there for Hanson concerts. Tulsa was like Graceland for a Hanson fan, so it wasn't a huge surprise that she ended up there.

"ABIGAIL!" She snapped her head up, broken from her thoughts, to see her old friend Kelly standing above her.

"Hey, Kel!" Abigail responded, hopping up from her seat to give her friend a hug.

"I didn't keep you waiting too long, did I?" Kelly asked, setting her purse down on the floor and taking a seat at the table across from her.

"No, no, it's fine. I've only been here for like, five minutes. I had one too many coffees today and the extra pee breaks put me behind schedule."

"You look exhausted." Kelly giggled.

"I've been cramped up in my car for two days." Abby shrugged, nodding outside to her tiny, ancient Volkswagon with the small moving trailer attached to the back.

Kelly grimaced and turned back to Abby. "Think you're gonna trade that thing in for a new one now that you're rich?"

"Old blue? No way! She made it all the way from Maine to Oklahoma! She's still got some life in her." Abby laughed as she brought her coffee to her lips and took a sip, even though it was still way too hot.

"So look, I figured that if you followed me back to my place, you could have a rest and unload a few things into the spare room and then later this evening we can go out and grab some dinner! I have to work pretty early tomorrow so it will have to be an early night for me, but you can —"

"Kel! No worries. The nap and the dinner sounds great but don't worry about me. I don't need a baby sitter! You may be one of the only people I know here, but I've actually got a pretty busy day ahead of me tomorrow too. I have an appointment to look at that house in the morning and then in the afternoon I have a job interview."