Chapter Six

The next two months went by quickly. It was July, summer was in full swing, and the group of friends had become closer and closer with each passing day. Liam and Zac had managed to mend things over, though Liam did tend to spend less time with the group now. Outside of work at 3CG studios, he hadn't been around too frequently. Likely because it was still a bit hard to be around Abigail. Taylor had finally told Kelly he loved her, and Isaac and Carly had some big announcement to make, asking Taylor, Kelly, Zac and Abby to join them for a fancy dinner at a swanky restaurant downtown. Once everyone was finished eating dinner and had moved on to dessert, they still sat around the table, everyone dressed in their finest, going over the band's plans for a fall tour.

"So, this is all really interesting and everything," Kelly interrupted the boys after several minutes of tour talk, "but I don't think fall tour is what Carly meant when she told Abby and I that she had some exciting news?"

"No...no it really wasn't." Carly laughed. "Though, I am happy for you guys. I know how much you love being on the road."

"I'm not happy!" Abby pouted, glancing at Zac. "I'll miss youuuuu." She whined.

Zac smiled brightly. "I'm not going anywhere for a few months yet, darlin." He winked.

"You guys are disgusting." Isaac joked.

"Really though." Taylor agreed.

"Okay seriously!" Kelly complained. "What is this big news you guys have?"

Everyone eyed Isaac and Carly, awaiting their big announcement.

"I'm pregnant." Carly beamed. 

"With twins." Isaac added. "She's almost thirteen weeks along."

Well, that explained Carly's frumpy outfits lately.

"Holy shit." Zac dropped his fork.

"Wow...congrats, you guys." Taylor stood and hugged his brother, then his sister in law. "Twins...wow."

"I'm so happy for you!" Abby exclaimed.

"Amazing!" Kelly added. "Are you freaking out or what?"

"A little!" Carly laughed. "But Isaac has been as cool as a cucumber. You'd think he's been a Dad a million times! As soon as we found out, he started reading all of these books..."

"I just want to make sure we do everything right." Isaac smiled.

"Have you guys told Mom and Dad yet?" Zac asked.

"We're heading over there right after here." Isaac explained.

"We wanted you guys to be the first to know." Carly smiled.

"We feel honored!" Kelly said.

"Mom and Dad are gonna loose it." Taylor laughed. "They've been waiting a long time for grand babies and now they're getting a two for one deal."

"Do you know what your having yet?" Abby asked.

"We find out in a few weeks." Isaac answered.

"I always wanted a little girl who I could dress up in fancy little outfits." Kelly smiled.

"Some day, babe." Taylor smiled, grabbing her hand and kissing it.

"You really think so?" Kelly asked, blushing a little.

"Hell, we can go home and start trying now, if ya want." Taylor suggested.

"Okay....gross." Zac stood, offering Isaac and Carly both hugs. "I'm so happy for you guys, But, on that note, I'm stuffed. And now I'm sleepy. Abs, ya wanna head home?"