Chapter Twelve

"I don't get why you won't just tell me where we're going."

"Because, I know you've never been here before...and I know you're going to love it. You have to wait and see."

"We've been driving forever. Are we almost there?"

"Yes, child. We're very close." Zac rolled his eyes at Abby before flashing her a smile.

"I'm sorry! I'm just excited."

"You are?" He smirked.

"Duh. It's our first date. I wanna know how you're possibly going to live up to all of my expectations."

"No pressure or anything!"

"I'm joking, Zac. I don't care what we do. I'm just happy this is happening."

"Me too." He let go of the steering wheel long enough to squeeze her hand, and then pointed through the windshield in front of them. "Look, we're here."

Abby looked up to see massive roller coasters, ferris wheels, and a ton of other rides looming in front of her. She broke into a massive grin, excitement written all over her face.

"Frontier City?" She asked, glancing at Zac.

"Sure is." He responded, parking his truck.

Abby jumped out of the truck and started for the entrance without even waiting for Zac to join her. Luckily his legs were nearly twice the length of hers and he caught up quickly.

"Excited much?" He asked as he joined her side, paying for their admittance bracelets.

"You have no idea. I LOVE amusement parks!" Abby gushed. "Zac, this is perfect!" She stood on her tip toes and kissed his cheek.

For a moment, all he could do was smile down at her. He finally had the girl he loved on a date and so far it was going perfectly. It had only just begun, sure, but he had no doubt that everything would be great. They hung out together every day anyway, they were already comfortable with each other and they didn't have to worry about those awkward first date jitters or struggling to make conversation. The only real difference now was that he could hold her hand or kiss her whenever he felt like it and he didn't have to worry about what kind of repercussions he may face later because of it.

"We'd better get going, then." He finally said, kissing the top of her head and grabbing her hand as they walked.

Abby couldn't help but notice the stares and whispers they received from people as they explored the park. Some even stopped to ask for photos or to talk. When they were in Tulsa, people generally left the guys alone because they were so used to seeing them, Abby supposed. However it seemed that once they left they safety of those city limits, it was a different story. She didn't mind though. She was also a fan, and she knew what she was signing up for. She actually found that she loved watching him interact with his fans, even outside of Hanson events. He was just as charming as always, his face lighting up as he spoke or smiled for photos.

They spent the day riding practically every ride there was, a few of them more than once. They ate cotton candy, Zac won Abby a stuffed unicorn, and they kissed on top of the ferris wheel. It was the perfect day, and the most amazing date either of them had ever been on. The location was only part of it; the company was the icing on the cake.

When they arrived back in Tulsa, it was late and had already been dark for hours. As they drove through the streets making their way back home, Zac suddenly took a turn that he wouldn't normally take.

"Where are we going?"

"I dunno...I'm just not ready for tonight to end." He shrugged.

Abby smiled in agreement and relaxed into her seat, willing to go wherever Zac decided to take her. After driving for another several minutes, and down several dark, seemingly abandoned back roads, he finally stopped his truck and turned off the ignition, glancing at Abby.