Chapter Thirty: pt.2 (conclusion)

"Tay, I seriously can't hold it in anymore." Kelly sighed as she lay next to her husband in their bed.

The sun was just beginning to rise but she felt as though she had already been awake for hours. She ran her hand over her very small, nearly non-existent baby bump and smiled. Everything she had ever wanted was finally beginning to unfold. The perfect job, the perfect husband, and now they had a perfect baby on his or her way into their lives.

She felt as though she were bursting at the seams with excitement and while she was glad that she had at least Taylor to enjoy that with, she was dying to tell everyone else. She wasn't very close with her own small family but now that she was a Hanson, she was suddenly part of a very large and always growing one, and she couldn't wait to let everyone, especially Diana and Walker, know that their number was about to go up once more.

Out of respect for the situation with Zac, they had held off their announcement. Originally they were going to tell the entire family after Taylor and Abby returned from tour, but then Zac nearly died, and they wanted him to get better first so that the focus would remain on him while he needed everyone. A lot had happened to the Hanson clan and everyone who was close to them over the past year and they decided it would be best to let things calm down a bit before breaking the good news.

"Taylor?" Kelly asked again, breaking herself out of her own day dreaming and realizing that she wasn't sure he was even listening to her. She glanced next to her and realized he had drifted back off to sleep. "Tay!" She said a little more loudly this time, giving him a gentle shove.

"Huh? Wha?" He asked, trying to force his heavy eyelids back open.

"I was talking to you, and you fell asleep." Kelly pouted.

"I'm sorry babe, but it's like...6:30 in the morning. Neither of us work today. Why are we awake to begin with?"

"I can't sleep....my head keeps going a mile a minute. I'm going crazy. We need to tell the family about the baby!"

"But I thought we were gonna wait until Zac --"

"He's pretty well fine now. It's been a month and Abby says he's doing great. When we were there on Thursday, didn't he seem better to you? He looks perfectly fine."

"Yeah I guess. We could probably tell everyone now." Taylor agreed.

"Like...today?"

Taylor let out a small laugh at his wife's anxiousness. It was kind of annoying, but also kind of adorable. "Today? You don't want to plan like...some big extravagant party first?" He was half joking, but mostly he was serious. Perfect and over the top was Kelly's style with most things in life.

"Why bother? The news speaks for itself. We don't need to wow everyone with a big fancy party." Kelly shrugged.

"You know, I couldn't agree more. I just didn't think you'd feel that way." He admitted.

"Tay, we're having a baby. You and me." She rubbed her hand over her small stomach once more, and Taylor reached out and placed his hand on top of hers. "We did this. We made a little person and now he or she is growing inside of me. I love you, and this baby so much....nothing....no party in the world will ever be as perfect as what I have, what we have now. I don't need anything more than that."

Taylor's heart swelled at his wife's admission. He loved her more than he could ever describe, but he would always be the first to admit that she was a little high maintenance. It was part of what he loved about her, actually. However what she said, those words made him love her even more than he already did.