Chapter Five

Later that night, Taylor was at his post on the small stage, perched behind a laptop with headphones draped around his neck while he DJ'd the dance party, playing a mix of pop songs for the crowd. Abby and Kelly stayed near the back so they could be close to the bar and hear each other above the crowd and music enough to carry on a conversation.

"Just look at him." Kelly admired as they took a break from dancing to grab another drink.

"He is pretty, I'll give him that." Abby nodded.

"He's more than just a pretty face though." Kelly gushed. "He's so sweet, Abs. I know it might seem like our relationship is purely physical but it's so much deeper than that. I've never been with a guy who's so attentive and caring."

"He feels the same about you." Abby responded, sipping on her fifth cranberry juice and vodka of the night.

"You talk to Taylor about me?" Kelly raised her brow.

"All the time."

"What does he say? I keep expecting him to tell me he loves me. Sometimes when he's looking at me, I can feel that it's about to come out. But then he just...doesn't say anything."

"Do you love him?" Abby asked. She was pretty sure the answer to that question was obvious but she wanted to change the focus back on to Kelly, since she already knew that Taylor loved her. It wasn't her place to tell her that, though.

"I'd be crazy not to!" Kelly laughed. "Can you even believe what's happened to our lives? Last year we were here and they had no clue who we are. Now I'm dating Taylor."

"It's pretty over whelming to think about. I remember thinking, when Zac kissed me —"

Kelly's eyes nearly bulged out of her head. "Excuse me....WHAT?"

"Woops..." Abby cringed. "I forgot you didn't know."

"What exactly don't I know, Abs? Oh my God! Zac KISSED you and you never told me?"

"Shhh! We're surrounded by fans, remember? Quiet down!"

"I'm sorry but...when did this happen? How did it happen? Are you two together now? Why didn't you tell me?" Kelly whispered.

"I'll give you the longer and more juicy version of the story when we get out of here. For now all I'll say is...a week ago, on my couch, no, and because Zac doesn't want to hurt Liam, who apparently likes me a LOT more than we thought he did and basically Zac feels like a huge asshole for betraying him, so we're pretending like it never happened." Abby sighed.

"I can't believe this. So, does he like you? Or did it just...happen? Does he WANT to be with you? 'Cause ya know, the whole star crossed lovers thing is kinda hot."

"I don't know. I don't think so. I mean, he obviously likes me enough to make out with me but I feel like it was probably one of those situations where we're friends, who find each other attractive, and he just wanted to see what it was like, or something. If he really liked me that way, then he'd talk to Liam. If they are such good friends, I'm sure Liam would understand. But, Zac just wants to forget all about it." She suddenly felt the urge for another drink, quickly gulping up the last of hers and ordering another.

Just then another fan approached the bar, so the two girls put their private conversation about the guys on hold. The tall, pretty girl with chin length brown hair and drastic, blunt bangs sat down on the other side of Abby and ordered herself a beer.

"Hey." She said, smiling at Abby. "I'm Sam."

"I'm Abby," she smiled in response, "this is Kelly."