Chapter Eight

That following weekend, Hanson was headed to Austin, Texas to do a few radio interviews in order to promote their upcoming album, which would be dropping in August and followed by a tour in September. It was the first city of a handful of places they would go to promote, and though they would be flying to New York City and Los Angeles, they opted to drive to Austin as it was only about seven and a half hours away.

They decided to make a fun road trip out of it, Taylor inviting Kelly along and Isaac inviting Carly. At first, Carly thought she may rather stay home because she was still getting a bit of morning sickness, but ultimately decided to join them because after the babies were born, it would be a while before she could travel again.

"You wanna come to Austin with us this weekend?" Zac asked Abigail on Thursday as he sat in the empty coffee shop, sipping his drink and working on his laptop. He'd nearly been attached to it the past few weeks with all of the band business they were preparing for.

"Um, yeah. I don't have to work all weekend, so that would be fun. I wouldn't be in the way?"

"Nope. All of the Hanson ladies are coming." Zac looked up over his computer to flash her a smile.

"Since when am I a Hanson lady?" Abby laughed.

"Since I'm a lonely bastard without a girlfriend, so you're all I've got." He joked.

"Gee, thanks." Abby rolled her eyes.

"Seriously, I'd love it if you came. With all of those couples, I'd feel like a third wheel." Zac explained.

"You can't feel like a third wheel on your own band's promo tour." Abby giggled.

"I can if I'm the only one without someone to bring!"

"Are we gonna take your truck?"

"Well, I was gonna ride with everyone else in Ike and Carly's van but if you're coming, maybe you and I can just take my truck and drive up alone? I'd way rather be alone with you for seven hours than with everyone all at once."

Abby smiled. "I'll start packing when I get home from work."

"Cool." He responded. "I'll be at the studio pretty late tonight with Ike and Tay, so just make sure you set an alarm for us for the morning. We're supposed to hit the road by about seven."

"Will do!"

Just then the bell above the door chimed, welcoming Isaac and Carly into the coffee shop.

"Hey guys." Abby smiled.

"Hey Abby." The two replied in unison.

Carly was starting to show quite a bit, likely even more so due to the fact that there were multiple children growing inside of her. Aside from the fact that she was lacking a bit of her usual color in the face, though, she looked fantastic. Pregnancy worked for her.

"What can I get for ya?" Abby asked as Carly took a seat with Zac and Isaac joined Abby at the counter.

"Just coffee for me, herbal tea for Carly, please." Isaac smiled.

"How's she feeling?" Abby asked as she began to make their drinks.

"Still a little queasy, but less and less every day. She said she's starting to feel pressure on her ribs, but I imagine that will only get worse from here on out, rather than better." Isaac frowned.

"She's a tough girl." Abby shrugged. "I'm sure seeing her like this is harder on you than it is her."

"You're probably right." Isaac nodded. "I just can't wait to meet the babies. And for her to feel good again."