Chapter Three

It was safe to say that Taylor and Kelly were officially a couple. After their drinks and movie at the drive in two weeks ago, they had spent practically every single evening together. Most of the time they spent at Kelly's condo, openly making out and groping each other regardless of if they were in the living room with Abigail, or alone in Kelly's bedroom. Abigail certainly couldn't blame her friend for their public displays of affection because, well, it was Taylor Hanson. She had always considered herself a 'Zac Girl' but she certainly wouldn't kick Taylor out of bed for eating crackers, that's for sure. She was also insanely happy for Kelly. She was a great girl who found a great guy, who just so happened to be totally gorgeous and a member of her life-long favorite band. When does that ever happen? Close to never.

Abigail and Liam, however, were taking things a lot slower. As of right now, they were still just friends and hadn't even so much as kissed. She wasn't really sure if they ever would. Abby could tell that Liam liked her, and she kind of liked him too, but they didn't really have a whole lot in common and she wasn't sure if she was ready, or if she even wanted, for their friendship to progress into anything else.

They hung out a lot. Sometimes on their own, or sometimes Liam would join Taylor when he came over to see Kelly. More often than not, that resulted in the two of them being alone again anyway, once Kelly and Taylor would inevitably retreat into Kelly's bedroom for some heavy petting.

Abby had seen a bit more of Zac as well, though not as much as she'd like. He'd made it somewhat of a habit to stop into The Coffee Bean at least once every day. Typically he only stayed long enough to place an order and leave again, but the small conversations they had while he was there were still pretty exciting to her. They got along well. She wasn't dumb enough to think he was into her the way Taylor was into her best friend, but it was safe to say that she had at least passed the test and had progressed from being a potential stalker fan to an okay person and maybe even somewhat of an acquaintance.

Once, after Taylor and Kelly had spent a night out and ended up drinking a little too much, they had called Zac to pick them up and drive them to Kelly's condo. Abigail was sound asleep and unaware of these arrangements until she awoke to the sound of someone pounding on the front door. She was shocked when she flung the door open, ready to give someone a piece of her mind, only to see Zac standing there, holding her drunken best friend upright, and Taylor slouched on the floor in the hall with his head between his knees. Abigail was unaware of Zac's eyes on her as she helped him carry her best friend to her bed and tuck her in. The tiny booty shorts and tank top she wore to bed left little to the imagination. She didn't know that as the two of them dragged Taylor inside from the hallway and hoisted him up on to Kelly's couch, Zac had admired the way her long hair fell into her eyes, and the way her pajamas hugged her body.

Abigail had been so busy the past few weeks between hanging out with Kelly, Taylor and Liam, her job at the coffee shop, and exploring her new city as much as possible, that moving day came a lot sooner than she expected it to.

She was just packing the last of her things into the back of her small moving trailer and attempting to hitch it to the back of her car when Taylor pulled into the parking lot of Kelly's condo.

"Hey Abs." He smiled as he climbed out of his car and handed her a coffee. "Pour vous."

"En francais? Merci bien, mon chéri." Abby gladly took the coffee and climbed on to the hood of her car. If there was one thing she had in common with Taylor, it was a love of coffee.

Taylor climbed on to the car next to Abby and accepted the cigarette she handed him as she pulled one out for herself as well. They lit them and laid back on the car, soaking up the sun as they smoked and drank enough of their morning coffee to feel awake enough to make conversation.