Chapter Fourteen

After the show, Abby and Kelly were instructed to meet the guys back in the green room. When the girls arrived, they were already scattered around the room with a few other members of the crew, beers in hand. Zac pulled Abby into his lap, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist and handing her a beer from the cooler on the floor next to him.

She didn't mind that he was dripping in sweat, in fact, she found it extremely sexy. After watching him on stage all night, she couldn't wait to get her hands on him. When she turned to face him to thank him for the beer, she found herself unable to control the urge to kiss him. Rather than leaving it at a quick peck on the lips, Zac deepened the kiss, tangling his hands in her hair.

The two were lost in their own moment, until they were snapped back into reality by the whopping and whistling that began to erupt from the other people in the room. Abby pulled away, giggling, and Zac picked a pillow off of the couch and whipped it at no one in particular.

"Get a room!" Isaac joked.

"We have one, which we'd like to get back to soon." Zac responded with a laugh, squeezing Abby's thigh. "Why don't we finish up here and get out to the bus, mingle with the fans a bit and then get outta here?"

"Works for me." Taylor responded, guzzling back the rest of his beer.

Everyone finished their drinks and then made their way together through the long corridor toward the backstage exit where the bus was parked. Abby could feel her nerves coming back, this time for facing all of the fans that she knew were waiting outside while Zac clung tightly to her hand. It was obvious that everyone knew who she was at this point, and most were likely aware that the two were dating now, but this was the first time she was being brought around at a Hanson event as Zac's official girlfriend.

She wasn't normally the kind of person who cared what others thought of her but she was finding that lately, she was. She knew first hand after being a fan for so long what kind of scrutiny anyone the guys ever dated were up against. She could tell that Zac sensed her hesitation in the way he rubbed his thumb over the top of her hand as he held it, squeezing it tightly and bringing it to his mouth to quickly kiss her fingers as they passed by the large group of fans and stepped into the bus.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" He asked, turning to her after the doors closed behind everyone.

"No." She breathed out a sigh of relief and eyed Kelly, knowing that even though she and Taylor were married now, that this was still the first time she had been paraded past the fans as his wife. She of course looked  completely at ease, kissing Taylor and whispering something in his ear.

"Good." Zac smirked at her and tilted his head to one side. God, he was beautiful. "We're gonna go out there for a bit. Just sit tight, and soon we'll be alone, okay?"

"Okay." She sighed.

He kissed her quickly, then turned to leave with his brothers. When they stepped outside, flashes from cameras lit up the inside of bus until the door closed once more.

"You guys are way too cute." Kelly said, sitting down next to Abby in the lounge area.

Abby grinned and ran her finger across the fabric of the small couch, shaking her head. "Kel..."

"What?"

"We're on Hanson's tour bus right now."

"I know."

"Isn't that fucked up?"

"Totally!" Kelly laughed. "How did we get here?"

"I have no idea. I keep expecting to wake up from this dream."