Chapter Eleven

"That's definitely the one!"

"Ya think?"

"Well...if you don't love it, then you don't have to wear it. But, I want you to love it."

Abby stepped back, examining herself in the full length mirror at the bridal shop. She wore a satin navy blue, above the knee, brides maid dress. The top half was beaded and hugged her body closely, the bottom half was flowy with a bit of tulle underneath. It was more mature than anything she typically wore, she was usually so casual and still wore the same ripped up jeans and band tee shirts style she had since basically high school. This made her feel like a woman.

"No...I love it. It's just..weird."

"You look amazing" Kelly said, admiring her friend. "I've never seen you wear anything so girly."

"I don't think I ever have. Even when I got married..I did it at the Justice of Peace, and I wore jeans." She laughed.

"Well girl...this suites you."

"I'm just shocked that I don't hate it." Abby laughed.

"So...you're okay with this one?"

"You know I'd wear anything you wanted me to, it's your wedding."

"I know, and thank you for that. But I still want you to feel comfortable."

"I do. It's perfect, Kel. We'll get this one." Abby smiled.

Another step in the wedding planning process was now complete. Now that the Maid of Honor dress was picked out, the other bridesmaids; who were mostly fellow teacher friends of Kelly's, as well as Carly, could get their dresses. It was important that Abby had gotten hers first so that the rest of the girls could make sure theirs coordinated. Kelly had left the rest up to them, allowing them some freedom with their choices.

Kelly had picked her wedding dress out the previous week. It was a long, gorgeous mermaid style gown with a sweet heart neckline that made her look like a 1950′s pin up model and had been the first dress she tried on. Paired with her auburn colored hair, she was going to be a bombshell on her wedding day.

"So...speaking of you doing anything for me on my wedding day..." Abby heard Kelly shout through the dressing room door as she took the gown off and changed back into her black skinny jeans and tee shirt.

"Where are you going with this?" Abby yelled back after Kelly hesitated to continue.

"Well uh..."

Abby opened the dressing room door, holding the dress in her arms and staring at her friend. "Spit it out, Kel"

"I was kind of hoping that during the ceremony...you would um..perform a song?"

Abby nearly choked. "Excuse me, what?!"

"I'd love it if you would sing at my wedding, Abs. Taylor would too. It would mean so much to us."

"You're marrying into a family full of famous musicians, and you want ME to sing at your wedding?" Abby made a face, insinuating that her friend was nuts.

Kelly laughed. "Yes, I do. We've been friends for years, and if it weren't for you, I wouldn't even be with Taylor. You may not be famous, but you're an amazing musician too."

Abby sighed. "I haven't played anything since...like, my divorce."

"I'm sure it's like riding a bicycle! You aren't just going to forget how to do it!"

"I'll be rusty..."

"You still have two weeks to practice!"

"Okay...okay. Fine. I'll do it. Do you have a specific song in mind?"