Growing bonds.

"Kiba and Akamaru, how come you guys are so fast?" whined Rei as she entered into the gates of the village. Her team along with team 8 were just getting back from their mission of finding a ninja thief. A simple C rank mission.

Rei raced Kiba and Akamaru back to the village and of course lost.

"This makes it, what, 10-0??" smirked Kiba. Akamaru barked and hopped in Rei's arms.
Rei playfully glared at Kiba. "Don't mock me, you know it was 13-0" Rei said mumbling the last part.

She rubbed Akamaru's fur. "Good thing Akamaru isn't a sore winner like his best friend." She said to herself.

Kiba laughed and patted Rei's head, "one day young grasshopper one day."
Rei stuck her tongue out at Kiba.

"You're getting faster Rei; however, you'll probably never beat Kiba." said Shino coming into the gate.
Kiba gave Shino the thumbs up, whereas Rei whined. "Shino geezzzz." She said.

"Don't forget we have a meeting tomorrow. I'm going to go to do the mission report. Bye everyone." with a hand wave Kakashi was off.

"I'm going to train a little, don't forget about tonight Naruto." Rei said putting Akamaru on top of Kiba's head and taking off.

Naruto and the others watched as the tiny girl took off. "Huh. I wonder why she's in a hurry." he said.

"N-n-naruto-kun would you like to get some ramen?" asked Hinata turning to Naruto.
Kiba and Shino glanced at each other. Their hinata was actually talking to Naruto. To say they were shocked was an understatement.
Naruto glanced at Hinata and smiled at her. "Sure, But it's on you." joked Naruto.
Hinata laughed and nodded her head.
They both started walking in the direction of Ichiraku's.

Rei ran till she got to the hills then slowed down. She saw what, well, who she was looking for. She plop down next to the laying figure, who had his eyes close.

She reached over and poked his cheek. No reaction, she poked again and again. A hand reached out and grab her hand, making her stop.
"So troublesome." he said.
Rei blushed at the feel of his hand touching her hand.
"I was getting a bug off your face, you should thank me." she stated.
"Sure you were." He said.
Rei shrugged her shoulders, then remembered he couldn't see her.
"Don't believe me then." she said laying back in the grass.
"How was your mission?" he asked lazily.
She closed her eyes, thinking about it.
"It was disappointing, I wasn't able to show off my awesome moves." She sighed disappointed.

Shikamaru chuckled. "You can show me your awesome moves, like that new jutsu you were working on a week ago."

Rei replied, "prepare to be amazed when I do show you but maybe tomorrow because I'm too relaxed right now." She smiled thinking about how she perfected the jutsu.

That sat in silence for awhile after that. It was a comfortable silence. Shikamaru usually didn't like when people talked while he was relaxing but when Rei was around all he wanted to do was talk to her. She was always so animated. She makes him feel relaxed and at home. She was a good friend to him.

"The thief ninja told me I favored the sanin, Jiraiya. I always thought so too but for someone to point it out, made me happy because the sanin is someone I always looked up to." Rei said in contentment.

Shikamaru looked over at her. His eyes examined her. Her long white hair which stopped at her waist, was now sprawled all around her. She did have the white hair as the sanin. He looked at face, she had the red marks too but the rest of her was nothing like him.
"Hn. You do look like him a little." replied Shikamaru. "Open your eyes."