Uchiha Change

"The Chunin Exams, huh?" said Sasuke, holding the form in his hand.

"Remember the whole team or neither of you can take it but don't feel pressured. If you don't want to take it, you don't have to." explained Kakashi-sensei.

Sakura was looking down at the form uneasy. Rei noticed it, she put her hand on Sakura's shoulder. "You're strong Sakura and you have brains. More brains than all of us, including Sasuke. You got this!" she said smiling at the pinkette.

Sasuke glared at the white haired girl. She didn't have to exaggerate that much.

"Believe it, Sakura! You got this!" Naruto said putting his hands behind his head. "We're gonna dominate the exam."
Kakashi smiled at his students, glad they were getting along. "Well, gotta go!" He said teleporting away.

Rei rolled her eyes. She bet he was going to go read that book that she was going to get her hands on, sooner or later.

"Hey sasuke, want to help me with my taijutsu?" she said turning to Sasuke.
Sasuke looked surprise since Rei never actually talked to him, directly. Not that he could remember. His facial expression switched to indifferent as fast as it switched to surprise.

"Yeah. I'll help you. Meet me at the training grounds in 20 minutes." He replied.
Rei nodded happily. Now it's a good chance to become friends with Sasuke. He always looked lonely. She wasn't going to let him scare her away. She'll help him whether he liked it or not.

Sakura looked between Rei and Sasuke, not happy. "I'll help you too, Rei." She suggested. Rei was about to open her mouth and say sure but Sasuke cut her off. "Three's a crowd. Thanks but no thanks." He said as he walked off.

Naruto glared at Sasuke's back. "He didn't have to be mean about it."
Naruto gave Sakura a soft smile. "It's okay Sakura, you know how Sasuke is."
He folded his form and put it into his pocket. "Well I'm going to go meet up with Choji, and Shino. I'll see ya later Rei and Sakura." He threw his hands back over his head and walked off.

Sakura realized Naruto didn't suggest she practice with him like he always use to do when she was turned down by Sasuke. Things really were changing. Sakura just didn't know if it was for the better. She felt like she was getting left behind.

Rei looked at the form in her hand. A determined look spread across her face. "We're going to become chunins Sakura! Just wait and see." She said. "Well I gotta go, see ya on the flip side Sakura!" She said as she took off running towards the hills.

Rei kept running while thinking about the chunin exams. How would it be, would she get to meet strong opponents? More importantly, will she become a chunin.

Rei was thrown out her thoughts, when she felt herself tripping over something, she braced herself for the ground. "Since when did the ground become warm and soft." she thought out loud, afraid to open her eyes just in case she landed on something she didn't want to acknowledge.

"The fact that I'm not the ground, you troublesome woman." Groaned Shikamaru.
Rei squealed and scrambled off the genius. She felt a blush rise up to her face. "Oh my fudgesticks, I'm so sorry Shikamaru. When did you learn that jutsu??!" She said

Shikamaru rubbed his stomach as he looked over at her with a confused look. "What jutsu?" He asked.
"The teleportation jutsu, that's how you appeared here so fast without me noticing, right?" She asked curiously, raising her eyebrow.

The confused look grew to an amused look. Shikamaru bust out laughing and Rei blushed, his laughed was so nice but What the heck was so funny. "I've been sitting here for 20 minutes until this pretty blue eyed girl decided to attack me out of nowhere." He said.