36

"KANTSU!" Rei shouted in disbelief, and horror as she teleported in between him and Sorah, blocking his hit from touching her. He was about to hit her with the strong fist technique that Lee had taught him. Rei put a force field field around her and Sorah, but it seemed Kantsu stopped himself from hitting her.

Rei dropped the force field, and focused on Kantsu's chakra. She gasped softly as his thoughts came flooding into her mind. She hurried up and cut off the link. "Sorah, go home right now, while I have a talk with Kantsu."

Sorah nodded, as she glanced with sad eyes at Kantsu. She wiped her eyes, as she ran off to Rei's apartment.

Kantsu was about to go after Sorah, when Rei grabbed his shoulder. Kantsu felt his heart tighten, and all the emotions he was hiding became discovered by Rei. He collapsed in her arms, as he cried his fears away.

They sat down in the grass together, facing the river. "You've done so well controlling yourself. I never would've guessed that you was from that clan, and you had the Kekkai Genkai. Kantsu, you have to let go of the past, the negative energy is what it feeds off of."

Kantsu stared emotionless at the river. He couldn't let go of the past. Not until he had his revenge on Orochimaru, and his parents. They were the ones that gave him away, all because he was cursed with the Kurama's clan Kekkai Genkai. If they would've filled him with love, the voice would have never appeared and tell him to do evil things. He had been doing so well to control it, but lately, with the thoughts of Orochimaru being out there. Still being able to live in peace without having to pay for the crimes he had done in the past. It made him angry, and the fact that Sorah told him that he should forgive his parents and Orochimaru made him angrier. Sorah had always understood him, and was always on his side. He felt she had betrayed him by saying that. He was also starting to dislike that Konohamaru was starting to steal her attention away from him. She would probably hate him if she found out he carried the curse of the Kurama's clan.

Kantsu stood up abruptly turning away from Rei, he made his decision and once he grew stronger, he was going to leave this village.

Until then, he will have to play things carefully with Rei and the others.

"I understand Rei, and I'm going to try. I will go and apologize to Sorah right now." He said, turning around to face her.

Rei stared at Kantsu's with calculating eyes, she breathed hard through her nose, and stood up. "You don't have to go through this alone, and no matter what, I will do everything in my power to make sure you don't. Everything."

Kantsu shifted his eyes from Rei's sharp blue ones. The way she said those words, she was letting him know something.

He nodded his head, and made a hand seal. He teleported away. Rei sat back down, putting her head and her hands. The future didn't look too well for Kantsu, Rei knew it. She could tell by the look on his face. The same look Sasuke use to wear when he was a kid, when he announced that he was going to kill his brother.

Rei groaned, as she stood back up, stretching. "What am I gonna do?" She thought out loud.

*******

Rei felt for Sorah's chakra, then teleported to where she was. She was sharpening her Kunais in the living room, while watching television.