Experimenting.

Rei stared down at her reflection in the River. She squinted her eyes as she tried to imagine herself with short hair.

"Hey Naruto, how do you think I'll look with short hair?" She asked, curiously.

Naruto immediately answered, "like a weirdo."

An angry tick mark popped on Rei's forehead, she picked up a pebble and threw it at him. "Not funny!!"

"Ouch geez Rei! I was just kidding!!" He yelped, rubbing his shoulder where the pebble hit him.

She stuck her tongue out at him, and sat down under a tree's shade.

"I never got to say this, but I'm proud of you Naruto. You're looking more like our future Hokage every day." Rei said to Naruto.

Naruto sat down next to her, and said, "A lot of stuff needs to be changed, and I promise myself and others that I will be the one to change it."

Rei smiled proudly at her best friend. "I'll be the one to help enforce those changes."

Rei stopped smiling as she sensed chakra approaching them. It felt familiar.

The both summoned shadow clones as they hopped high into a tree, hiding their chakras.

"Boo!" Someone whispered behind Rei, making her scream and lose her balance. She fell out of the tree, but Naruto's shadow clone caught her.

"Arrgghh Sasuke, I should kill you!!" Rei exclaimed. He was the only ninja that could sneak up on her like that. He was like a sneaky cat.

Sasuke chuckled, as Naruto joined in.

Rei huffed, as she dusted off her clothes. Dumb Sasuke.

"What are you doing out of the village anyway?" She asked.

"I was on a simple mission, I'm on my way back to the village, I felt you two dobes chakra so I decided to walk back with you two." He explained.

"Well let's get going, we could arrive before tomorrow if we don't stop anymore." said Rei. "And don't think I'm not going to get you back."

Sasuke sighed, and started walking with them following on each side of him.

*****

It was getting dark when Rei felt the chakra, she didn't think she would feel again in awhile.

Rei placed her hand on her sword, as she spoke. "Kabuto, we know you're here. Show yourself."

Kabuto made his way out of the trees with his creepy signature smirk on his face.

"Kabuto." Sasuke said, grabbing his sword too.

"Sasuke, Rei, and the nine tails jinchuriki. The snake Sanin would have a ball with this catch, but I'm only here for one person." Kabuto said, pulling out two needles.

Rei eyed the needles, and stated to her teammates. "Those are sleep induced needles. Don't let them hit you."

Naruto nodded his head, whereas Sasuke already knew what they were.

"You're not getting Rei. We won't let you have her!" Naruto shouted, and produced two shadow clones.

"Yeah what Naruto said! You can't have me, I'm not an object! Let's take him down for good." Rei added, and pulled out her sword. "Let's see you take down all of us."