Chapter 14 : Spongebob Underwear

Chapter 14

Kara's POV

We ate our food slowly due to the fact that our mouths were busy talking rather than digesting the delicious food below. I laughed like I hadn't in a long time and every time Danny spoke I couldn't keep the large grin off my face.

Danny wrapped his left arm around my shoulder causing me to fall into him. My head slowly made it's way to his chest where there I was hit in the face full force by reality.

I realised I liked Danny for quite a while it's just it was being pushed back into the corner of my mind due to my insecurities. I wasn't in love with Danny, I knew that but hell I was on the road to that destination.

The problem was that I was in a massive truck that was on a road full of ice with hundreds of other cars. One wrong turn, bam I've crashed and I'm dead.

I'm not saying that Danny's going to kill me it's just I know that some point along this journey I'm going to get hurt badly because that always happens in relationships but the difference this time I wanted it to happen. I wanted to be loved or when we argued feel pain and I wanted to fall on concrete and pick myself back up.

I'm not saying that lm going to stay with him if he turns into a complete jerk I just want to fall in love and I think I want it to be him. I'm starting to feel this sense of strength. I don't care about my insecurities or my broken family. I don't care about my sarcastic messed up personality or the annoying situation that Lila loves him and so does my sister. Im feeling happy even when everything around me isn't.

"What's going inside that little head of yours?" A voice questioned but I could tell you that by the way my heart leaped I knew it was Danny.

"For me to know and you to find out" I mumbled back at him. My hands untangled themselves from his hoodie that he must of placed across me while I was off in my world and I pushed myself off Danny. I gently dropped the hoodie beside him as I stood up carefully making sure my dress didn't blow up and flash the word my spongebob underwear.

Yes very sophisticated I know but nobody was going to be having a peek anytime soon. Danny looked at me in confusion and slight alarm was on his face. I placed my hand out for him and nodded for him to take it and as soon as his hand was entwined in mine, again the little sparks flew off our hands.

Danny was curious when I began pulling him in the direction of the ocean but thankfully he kept his mouth shut for while.

"Will you go in the water with me?" I rushed out, I wanted to stand in the water and have the waves gently run over my feet.

For once I didn't want to be this scared little girl. What happened was in the past and I needed to grow some balls and get over it. Soon i'd be leaving high school and I'd move to college and I'd be all on my own and I needed to learn how to on my own.

"Kara..." Danny's voice spoke with hesitation but I stopped him before he could change my mind.

"I just want to stand in the water I want to stop being so afraid of everything and I'm not going swimming any time soon but I want to start getting over my fears and it'd be nice if you could just..." My voice stopped at the end, maybe this was too serious for him I mean this is our first date and here I am unloading all my problems on him.

He kicked his vans off his feet and I couldn't stop myself from smiling as I undid my sandal straps. My toes curled in the sand, I loved the texture underneath my feet it was calming which was something I needed.

Soft skin touched mine and fingers enclosed around mine, Danny slightly pulled me towards him when he grabbed my hand. The water looked calm but don't let it's illusion trick you, I knew that I was always going to see the sea as a big monster ready to grab you with it's cold claws and drag you under the water almost as if it's sitting on you.