Chapter 16 : I'm gonna change.

Chapter 16

Kara's POV

The next morning when I woke, it wasn't on my own, my stupid alarm clock shrilled through my ears causing a loud groan to leave my mouth. I could do that since I asked Danny to sleep in the guest room so I didn't wake him up the next morning, it took a lot of persuasion but I needed a morning to myself to get ready. I didn't have a good 12 hours sleep in fact I probably had three due to the fact that today I have school.

Yes I allow you to gasp and I allow you to say oh oh poor girl because in fact I was close to throwing my alarm clock off the wall or out the window, which ever works best. I didn't though, I knew I had to get out of bed this early otherwise I'd never get up. I decided to get up at 6am in the morning so I could sit outside in my garden with cup of coffee and calm my nerves.

You have those teenagers that can't wait to go back to learn or go back for the gossip some just go to school to because they have too, I was the latter. I wish everyone had just slept at Ellis's house so they didn't have to tell me how excited they were to get back to playing football or learn about who's dating who because in fact I just didn't care. This is why I decided to get up in the early hours so I could have a shower and do everything slowly and calmly.

If I rushed myself I'd get anxious and frantic and turn into a mess. At least this way I had time to think about situations that may occur and how to handle them like the fact that if I arrived to school with my brother, questions would arise and I don't know if my brother would be able to deal with them. He'd get flustered and say something stupid like oh I had too when in fact he didn't and it was him who apologised to me first.

He used to have social anxiety as a child finding it hard to speak and sometimes people would pick on him it wasn't bullying but he'd have the occasional remark that's why when he hit high school he was determined to be popular and nobody could say anything to him because he was Colby Collins. He was the the sort of guy that if you mess with him, you probably will have to transfer schools and change your name.

He never bullied everyone I just think his friends took it upon them to do the bullying and Colby ignored it as long as he got his mr popular title.

That's why my brother was in the lucky three guys. Colby, Danny and Austin the guys that had the looks, the brains and the health. Those guys who had won girls after girls, grades after grades and fights after fights and I'm pretty certain none of them were ready to lose that to me. I wouldn't blame them you want to remember your high school life as a place of fun and good memories with the occasional balances of parties and studying.

This summer they had parties after parties but that's because they wanted to let off steam from the hard core revision they did to see what exams they were doing. It was they senior year and there was no time left for partying.

With my mind at ease, I jumped into the shower to shake off the tiredness and the deep thoughts. I washed my hair thoroughly making sure any dirt or drink spillage from the pervious night before had made it's way down the shower drain.

I stepped out the shower and dried myself off not before throwing on an outfit and making my way downstairs because it was annual coffee time.

As soon as I stepped into the kitchen, my eyes landed on someone's back hunched over in the direction of the garden. I recognised it was Danny and I stood in the doorway watching him look lost in his own world.

My eyes scanned over how his back looked tense, the way his bicep looked like it was gripping something hard. Something was bothering him.

"Hey" I said softly making my way over to him, I rested a hand on his back causing him to stiffen up.