Chapter Two

TWO YEARS AND FIVE MONTHS LATER

            My dark red hair fell like a curtain over my face. I walked away from school, wearing a Shawn Dawson T-shirt and some sweatpants, getting done with some intense hockey practice. My heavy duffel bag hung on my shoulder. My legs had a sweet ache in them but as good as the feeling was, I was glad the hockey season was over and that summer was finally starting.

            I was excited for summer. I can imagine it now. Sunsets, beaches, kisses and my boyfriend Grant’s gorgeous sea green eyes.

            “Jackie!” I spun around and smiled at freshman Adrian who’s my mom’s friend Emma’s son. We’re basically cousins. His straight brown hair swayed around his tiny ears and sharp dark eyes.  I slumped an arm around his slim shoulders. Geez, when is puberty going to hit this kid? He’s been the same size since 6th grade. Hopefully, this summer will change him. He must have waited for me at the library, “Are you excited for the family camping trip?”

            I flicked his nose, “Little Kid, I’m not going in a bazillion years. I’m going to chill at my friend’s house.”

            His baby face crinkled, “How are you NOT going to go? Your parents are hosting it this year.”

            I stopped walking and stepped in front of him, “Aren’t you tired of this stupid camping trip? I’m going to be an adult in four weeks. I’m way too old for this.”

            “Tell that to your parents not me.”

            “Whatever,” I released Adrian and bumped his shoulder.

            Hands covered my eyes and I squealed. I felt hot lips against my neck and I immediately knew who it was. I took a deep breath smelling his light musk smell and Axe. His hands went down to my stomach and he started tickling me.

            “Stop!” I laughed, turning around and hugged him. He took my duffel bag. Boyfriends are so great to have at moments like this.

            Grant kissed my forehead and smiled, “Hey, babe, how are you?”

            “Good.”

            He patted Adrian’s head, which groaned and sped up his stride so he was a couple of feet ahead of us. I wrapped an arm around Grant’s waist and his arm rested on my shoulders, “Wanna hang out tonight? I rented the Human Centipede.”

            I cringed, “I am not watching that. It’s horrifying. How about When in Rome? That movie never gets old.”

            He kissed my cheek, “What I suffer for your love, Jacqueline.”

            A giggle escaped my lips, “I can’t wait to spend the rest of my summer with you. And guess what? My family is leaving for a 2 month camping trip, which means we have the whole house to ourselves.” I grinned micheviously, tightening my grip on him.