Chapter Eighteen

“Excuse me,” I muttered, pushing my chair away and go upstairs to Anita’s room. I rapped at her door.

She swung it open, eyeing me, she frowned, “I was hoping for Nick.”

I shoved into her room, glaring at her, “Listen, I don’t know if it’s okay to talk about sex and crap like that in front of your family members but here, that’s my business.”

She settled into her bed, “What business, Jackie? I know you haven’t done it yet. ‘Virgin’ is stamped on your fucking forehead.”

“And you think Nick wants someone like that? You don’t know him! He’s my boyfriend, you insecure brat!”

Anita just laughed. Something was wrong with this girl, “Nick is a grown man. Twenty years old! I’m sure he’s experienced it before like every grown man. If you don’t give it up, he’ll move on to someone more experienced like me.”

“You want Nick?”

“Yeah, he’s hot, likes tattoos and hot. From what I can tell, you’re straining him. He’s annoyed by you. Maybe if you gave it up, he’ll value you more.” Anita suggested.

My blood boiled over, “You screw yourself.” I left her room, slamming the door in the process. She was just fucking with me. Nick doesn’t want that. Grant did. They are two completely different people. Right?

Nick came up the stairs and came to my side, “You okay?”

I frowned, “Anita is just aggravating.” 

“Want to talk about it?” He whispered. I nodded. We went to my room and I collapsed on the bed, explaining how Anita wanted to get revenge on me and wants him. I didn’t mention the sex part because I know Nick. From our experience during the camping trip, I know he would never do anything I wasn’t ready for. And I wasn’t ready but was he?

I rested my head on his shoulder, touching the collar of his shirt.

He chuckled, “Anita is crazy. I could never love anyone the way I love you. I hope you know that, Jackie.”

“I know that but…” I stopped myself. 

“What?” He shuffled over, hovering over my face. I leaned up and kissed him, savoring the moment. He began to pull back but I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. 

His hands braced the sides of the bed and pulled away, pulling our lips apart.

“What are you doing?” I groaned. 

“I could ask you the same thing.” Nick’s breathing was heavy.

“Don’t you want me?”

“We’ve talked about this before. When the time is right, I’ll embrace you.”

I frowned, “When is that going to be? Never? I’m ready. I want this.” Maybe Anita was right. I don’t want anyone but Nick. I don’t want him to leave me. 

“No, you don’t.” He sat up. 

I followed in persuade, “Nick, stop telling me what I want and don’t want! Listen to me.”

“I am listening. I’m listening to your heart and mine. This isn’t the time, now stop acting like a child.”

“I’m a child?” Enraged, I got off the bed, away from him. Was he serious now? I’m the child? All I wanted was him. Was that wrong?

“Maybe it’s time for me to go because you’re acting irrational.” He stood up, not even giving me a good bye kiss and left. 

I’m acting irrational? 

Screw Nick.