Chapter Fifteen

When everyone got back, Liam started cussing like a sailor and Mom began to hit him. It went something like this:

“ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?” Liam screamed making Georgia start crying again. I sighed as I gave up on trying to make her sleep. I handed her back to Eliot who snuggled her baby close.

Mom smacked Liam across the head, a smile on her face as she seemed to enjoy hitting Liam.

Liam winced, “How is it possible that I MISSED my second child’s birth?!” He flopped onto the couch next to Eliot. He whined some more before I got annoyed and punched him in the shoulder, “Screw you, Jackie.”

I rolled my eyes, “Oh, suck it up! You missed your child’s birth. Everything’s fine.”

“Because of Grant! I bet you just sat on your fat ass the entire time.”

“Actually, I assisted Grant.”

“Can you guys please shut up?” Eliot growled, obviously annoyed by our bickering. I stuck my tongue at him.

Grant sauntered into the living room with a wet towel, placing it on Eliot’s forehead, “We should probably take her to the hospital.” 

Mom frowned, “Carry her to the car, Liam. Everyone else can pack up. We’ll be cutting our trip short.”

What? I don’t want to head back now. Everything is going well with Nick and now, we have to head back to civilization. Seriously? Ugh. Just then, Nick walked through. He looked better than before. A little. His dark hair was fingered back, staying put since it was wet. His dark T hung nicely on his body. I couldn’t help but smile at him and of course, he returned it.

Grant stepped in front of Nick, blocking him from me, “Good.” 

***

I pushed open my room door, eyes wondering over every detail from the bright, obnoxious curtains to my undone bed with my comfort half lying on the floor. A smile grew on my face. Perfect. Everything was just perfect. 

I dropped my duffel bag on the floor. I was going to worry about that later. I heard a loud engine roar in the front and decided to take a peek at who it could be. I stuck my head out the window and grinned when I recognized it. Nick. 

I raced downstairs, beating my mom to the door. I flung the door open and throw myself at Nick. Literally. He tumbled back, falling onto the green yard. 

He laughed, “It’s good to see you too!”

I sat up, grinning, “I’ve missed you!”

He leaned up, pressing our foreheads together, “I’ve missed you too even though it’s only been a couple hours.”

I kissed him, loving the minty flavor that coated his lips. 

A car suddenly swerved around the corner, going fifty miles per hour. It was Aunt Ava’s baby blue bug. The engine revved and slowed slightly. The car jerked to the side and smashed into my car. Well, it wasn’t mine yet. But it’s going to be for my awesome senior year. 

“What the hell?” I got off Nick’s lap, my top boiling over. Aunt Ava was lucky if I didn’t straggle her right now. 

I walked up to the driver’s side, knocking on the window as my mother and dad came out of the house. 

Aunt Brandie peeked through the kitchen window, eyes narrowing. 

Aunt Ava stepped out of the passenger seat, shaken. 

I opened the front driver’s door, “What kind of driving was that called?” I screamed at the stupid blond sitting in the seat. Of course she’s blond, no wonder she drove so recklessly. 

The girl stepped out of the car, seeming like she didn’t give a shit about the world. The left side of her blond hair was cut super short, barely reaching her ear while the other side went down to her shoulder. The left side was colored pink while the rest stayed blond. She wore black skinny jeans and a ripped up T-shirt that was spray painted. Chain like bracelets hung on her wrists while a dragon tattoo covered her left arm. The head of the dragon reached up to her shoulder while the body circled her entire arm and the tail ended at her middle finger. 

She smirked at me, “Oops, looks like I dented your ride.”

“The hell you did! You’re going to pay for that, shit-face.”

“Jackie!” Mom snapped, hurrying to my side. She smiled at the girl, “Haven’t you grown up, Anita?”

Anita just smiled, “Puberty sucks.”

“I know. Don’t you remember Anita, Jackie?” Mom asked.

“No, I don’t.” I growled.

“You don’t remember your preschool best friend? I’m also your cousin.”

I narrowed my eyes at her, still unconvinced.

Anita perched her lips then pulled up her shirt, baring a light scar going across her midsection, “Remember this? You pushed me out of the tree when we were younger…”

Then it clicked. I remember Anita. Actually, I remembered a shy, long haired blond with funny looking teeth. We were preschool friends, spending every second with each other. I was the one telling her to get enough courage to climb a damn tree while she wanted to read instead. She was such a book nerd. What happened? 

Did I mention she was also my cousin? From Dad’s side of course. My grandparent’s gave birth to a crazy chick but at least they knew not to have more screwed up children unlike Dad’s side. 

“What happened to you?” I asked.

“I see you haven’t changed a bit. Still as blunt as ever.” Anita replied. 

Mom smiled, “Actually, she has a nasty attitude to follow the bluntness. Anyway, you guys have forever to catch back up. Now, let’s go inside and enjoy some nice lasagna!” Mom hurried into the house.

“Hold your breath, it might be a shoe disguised as lasagna.” I muttered.

Anita laughed.

Aunt Ava eyed us, “We’re going to practice that driving of yours, Anita. It needs some improvements.”

“Improvements? She needs more than that. She drives like a blind old lady.”

“Thanks,” Anita said, “Who’s he?”

I pointed to Nick, “Him? That’s my boyfriend, Nick.”

Nick strolled up to us, “Nice tattoo.”

“Thanks, some people say it’s a bit much but I think it’s cool.”

“It’s awesome. I was thinking of getting one.”

I eyed Nick, “Really? What, would it be a little cat or something?”

“Nah, it would be your face right on my heart.” He grinned, pressing his hand over his heart.

“Ew… that’s so generic and lame.” I turned to Anita, “So, what are you doing back here? I thought you moved to a whole new state.”

“Did but apparently, my parent’s couldn’t handle me and sent me here because the Gold family knows discipline.” Anita explained, shrugging.

My family knows discipline? Yeah, right. My mom knows discipline as sending me to my room. With my cell phone. And laptop. And Ipod. That’s a regular Saturday.

“What did you do?”

“This tat would be one. And I trashed the house because of a party I threw. I also got expelled from school and got arrested all in one day.” She murmured, shuffling into the house. I stared after her. 

Shocked out of my pants.

What the hell happened to Miss Goody Good? Having two bad ass girls in the same house is going to be an issue. 

I can already feel the tension.

Nick watched me, “Don’t kill her the first night she’s here.”

“I won’t now but I’m sure someday I’ll have the urge.” I replied. Something ticked me off about her. 

She won’t enjoy her stay here.