Chapter Four

“And who are you to say that I don’t?” I growled, stomping back into the room. I was five seconds from throwing this damn luggage at him. I heaved the luggage over my head and glared at him, “Say something else, Nick and I’m going to throw this at you.”

            “Do it,” He narrowed his eyes at me, “I’m not trying to screw with your head, Jackie. I just want you to realize the truth. You don’t love Grant.”

            I threw the luggage at him, not caring if it hurt him. He dodged it, smirking, “Face that fact, Jackie. I know you’re smarter than this.”

            My hands turned to fists, knuckles turning white, “Don’t talk to me anymore.”

            I stalked away from him, pissed. I wanted to punch something. But most of all Nick’s freaking face. How could he dare say that I don’t love Grant? Who even asked for his opinion?

            I slumped into the car, slamming the door in the process.

            Eliot eyed me, “Don’t slam my door like that.”

            “Nick said he’d walk back to the house.”

            She frowned, “He knows it’s an hour walk back, right?”

            I nodded, “Yep, he says he’ll bring the luggage too. He just wanted to contact with nature before the trip.” I lied.

            Eliot shrugged, “Alright. That’s his problem.” She started the car and we headed home.

***

            Maybe that was mean to do. I half regretted ditching Nick at Eliot’s house and felt even worse when it begin to run. But seeing him walk through the door, wet head to toe, I couldn’t help but laugh.

            He dropped the luggage at the door step.

            Mom saw Nick and her mouth dropped, “Holy fuc_ oops. Uh… go upstairs right now and dry yourself off.”

            I followed Nick upstairs and grinned mischievously at him, “How was your walk?”

            He smiled at me, wiping his hands with the towel, “Peachy. Though, I’m a bit cold, can I get a hug?”

            He outstretched his hands for me.

            My smiled dropped, “No. Nick if you dare_ ahhh!” I dashed to my room, only for him to catch me. His arms circled around my waist, his throaty laughter filling my ear. He twisted my around so our chest touched. I tried to shove him off but I couldn’t. Suddenly, his weight went down, dragging me to the floor with him. I wrestled him, still aiming to get him off me though I knew it wouldn’t work.

            “Fine! Uncle! Uncle!”

            He only laughed, pressing his weight down on me.

            That’s when I noticed what position I was in. Nick’s laughter died down when he noticed that he was pressing me to the floor. My legs were on either sides of him and my hands were pinned my sides. My breath hitched as he gazed at me. Too intense. Everything was too intense. My heart started to pound violently in my chest.

            “Jackie….” His voice was husky, his eyes locked on my lips.

            I bite my lip and I heard him moan, “Get off me.”

            He blinked as if getting out of the trance. He sat up, taking a few feet away from me. I got up, my heart pounding too hard for me to contain.

            This wasn’t good.

            My stupid old feelings were coming out and I couldn’t let that change me.

            I don’t want to fall in love with Nick again because he’s just going to rip my heart out and stomp on it again.

            Yet why couldn’t my heart slow down? Why was my body burning up from the core?

            I swear I hate being a teenage girl.

            I blame hormones.