Chapter Seven

His reply aggravated me. It’s his fault for not taking the chance to have me. I’ve moved on. It’s not my fault he suddenly realized that he’s madly in love with me. Okay, maybe he’s not madly in love but love nonetheless.

“And you’ll lose again so you might as well give up,” I spat, walking out of the room.

“And I never give up on a challenge.”

I rolled my eyes, carrying Max to the kitchen. I slapped the pancake onto the island.

Mom frowned at me, “I’m not even going to ask about that.”

I set Max down, “Where’s everyone?”

“Liam wanted to go swimming in the lake and I think Eliot and Grant went along. I have no idea what the rest are up to.”

“Hey, Max, you want to go swimming?” I asked, patting his head.

His head bobbed up and down, suddenly excited.

            “Go get dressed then!”

            He ran off to his room and I walked after him, retreating into my room to quickly change into an orange/pink swimsuit. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair and shaved my legs in under 20 minutes. Amazed as I am, right?

            I threw a black t-shirt over my swimsuit and sauntered into Max’s room where Max was jumping up and down in swimming shorts. Nick stood up from the bed, wearing only swimming shorts.

            His broad toned shoulder flexed as he picked up Max. I always knew Nick was muscular and I will say he has a body that deserved to be on an Abercrombie and Fitch bag. My eyes traced over his body once again, noticing a little scar above his bicep.

            “What happened there?” I pointed to his scar.

            He grinned, his dark brown eyes looking amused as that killer dimple popped out, “You’ll find out when we’re naked,” He winked at me.

            I raised an eyebrow trying not to flutter, “Y-yeah, whatever.” Shit, I stuttered! I heard him laugh as I marched off to the lake.

            “Jackie!” Grant called, rushing out of the water. Grant’s gorgeous blonde hair turned a light brown from the water, pressed to the side of his head. He fingered his hair around, flexing his arm muscles that I loved. He lifted me up, pressing his broad chest against mine. I squealed, enjoying the feeling of being in his arms.

            He carried me over to the water and I knew what he intended, “Grant, if you dare_ Eep!”

            SPLASH!

            I broke through the water, water filling my mouth. I threw my head through the surface and found Grant laughing at me. Jerk.