Chapter 10

I stare at him blankly, I bet I look stupid, just staring at him with my mouth hanging down to my knees. He continues to stare at me back giving me a bored expression. I wonder how long it’s been. Corrin is looking back and forth between me and Harry. I am pretty shocked and taken back by Harry’s comment. I thought he would be going to Rebecca’s house or the other girls at some nonsense party. But, why would he come with me? Weirdo.

“Ummm…okay but why?” I ask, dumbly.

“I don’t know, I thought…..never mind, it’s none of your business.” He says and I can see something in his eyes that tells me that something’s wrong. But I don’t care.

“Don’t worry I am not stalking you okay? I got better things to do.” He adds and brushes past from between and Corrin and heads towards his car.

“I thought he said, he’s coming with us?” Corrin says, her mouth hanging open now, if it wasn’t before.

“I have no idea.” I say and head outside the building where I see Harry getting something out of his car and heading towards….us.

“Ok, so shall we go?” He asks as he comes closer to us.

“Umm…Yeah, let’s go.” I say.

“Are you going to drive?” He asks Corrin.

“Uh..duhh, since it’s my car, then obviously.”Corrin says, giving him a duhh look.

“Well, I just thought, it might not be a good idea for you to drive this late at night.” He says, acting as if he cares about her for once which really irritates me. I have no idea why.

“I have driven at night a lot of times and I am sure this one would be fine as well. And please, stop pretending that you care about me, because there’s no way you do.” Corrin says harshly and she opens the drivers’ seat car door.

“Well..the thing is..” Harry starts to say, making his way to the other side of the car and standing outside the passenger door, confused whether to sit there or at the back. But being a lazy teenager boy, he opens the passenger door and sits inside as I open the back door and sit inside the cold car. “I didn’t say that I am starting to care about you. It’s just I saw you after a long time so I thought it would be nice if I would be nice to you because I costs nothing to be nice. I just want us to be friends.” He says and I am left shocked and my mouth hanging open.

“Friends? Us? Us and Friends don’t go in the same sentence.” Corrin says harshly.

“Well, I’m sorry for what happened in the past and I am regretting what I did to you. I know you did nothing wrong but please, I mean it, I’m really sorry for what happened before.” He says and Corrin stays silent.

“Why don’t we forget about the past and move on and just be friends?” Harry says but his tone is more likely begged.

“Well, I have to think about think about this because I am not used to being friends with my exes.” Corrin says.

I think they have forgotten the fact that I am still in the car sitting with them but they don’t realize it at all. Until Harry looks at me through the side mirror and realizing that I have been sitting in the car with them listening to every word they are saying. I am confused my Harry’s reaction and what he is trying to say. Are they thinking of patching up? No, I think it’s only going to last until friendship and no more than that. I hope. And why do I even care? Why do I waste my time thinking about my best friend and her ex who happens to be my annoying roommate. Well, he hasn’t done anything annoying but it’s just the way he acts which is quite weird for me. I hate it. I don’t even know why. Maybe I do. 

As I am deep in thinking about Corrin and Harry being friends and how life will be like with them being friends? Will he be nice to me as well since I am going to be his roommate and his friend’ friend. Oh well, we pull up on the main road and we head towards the busy area of town.

I feel much older since I am in university and going to a party when it’s only been 3 weeks in university. I kind of like that feeling. It makes me forget about the problems. After 5 minutes, we arrive outside a night-glowing building and drunken people standing outside. Well, that’s what I can tell from their appearances. We climb out of the car and all three of us head inside. It’s a dark and dull corridor surrounded by people with drinks in their hands, couples making out, and drunk people flirting with each other.

We head towards the main bar and it’s more packed than I thought it would be.

“Don’t worry, this place is always packed since it’s one of the most popular places.” Corrin says as if though she could read my mind.

I agree with her even though I don’t even know this place. We get our drinks and sit on a table, awkwardly looking around to avoid each other’s gaze. I feel really calm and happy until I spot someone I wasn't expecting here.