Chapter 17

The rest of the journey is spent in silence. Well until Harry broke the silence to make a rude remark.

“Is Corrin really your friend? I mean, she is just so weird. How can you live with her?”

“Excuse me?” Feeling offended, I ask.

“No, I’m just saying. When I used to be friends with her, she used to be so weird and embarrassing.” Unexpectedly, He gives a little bit of information about his time with Corrin.  I look over to him. Half expecting him to say he is joking and half expecting him to give me more information about his time with Corrin. Maybe I don’t want to know. I don’t know.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?”

I realise that I have been staring at him for quite a long time.

“Oh, nothing.” I say.

“Surprised?” He says, focusing back on the road.

“Yeah.” I admit.

He chuckles slightly to himself, maybe proud of himself for sharing that piece of information.

“Why did you even date her?” I blurt out, regretting the words.

Harry’ smile fades and his expression becomes serious. He stays silent as I keep my eyes on him.

“Well, that’s none of your business.”

He says and I want to apologize to him but he interrupts announcing we are here.

I climb out of the car, slamming the door behind me as I climb out. I try to get away from Harry and put as much distance between us as possible.

“Laura! Wait!” I hear Harry’ voice behind me.

I turn around to look at him. He is too close to my body.

“We were supposed to be hanging out together. Why are you running away?” He says and to be honest, I have no idea why I am running away.

“Yeah.”

“Do you want to go somewhere else after the party?” He says, surprising me.

He seriously wants me to go somewhere else with him. I seriously don’t get this person. Few days ago, we weren’t even talking and right now he is planning to ‘hang out’ with me. I don’t even know where this is going. I am confused and the only person who is responsible for my confusion is the badass guy in front of me, who is known as Mr. Harry Styles.

Seeing the clear confusion on my face, he explains further which I am grateful for.

“I was thinking that we can hang out together after this party. I don’t see why you are confused.”

What? Huh?

“What? Never mind. All I want to say is that you are the most confusing person I have ever met.” I say my honest opinion about him.

“Okay. Come. Let’s go inside now.” He says and we make our way to the front door of the building.

We make our way quietly up to the building and in the house. We go to the corner of the bar, where we were sitting last time.

“You go and sit and I’ll be right back.” Harry says.

“Where are you going?”

“Just to get us some drinks.” He says and walks away.

I was about to tell him that I don’t drink but he doesn’t stay that long for me to tell him that. I am rather left confused again after I see no sign of Corrin anywhere. I attempt to call her but she doesn’t pick up her phone.