Chapter 27

Harry’s POV

I sit my bed waiting for someone to come upstairs but no one does, instead I hear my mum’s laugh and I immediately think that no one is going to come upstairs anyways. I talk my way out of Rebecca and forced her to meet me at the restaurant nearby the university building.

I know I have done a lot of bad stuff and I just want to get over it. Now I have made my mind up that I am just going to break up with Rebecca, for real. I don’t know what brought me the thought but it’s just that she is too insecure. She hates seeing me with another girl. When I told her that I am at my mum’s, she nearly lost it but I still convinced her to meet me so I can tell her the full story. Yes, the full story.

I don’t know why, but I am not really interested in Rebecca as I was before I met Laura. The night Rebecca told Laura to leave, I felt sorry for her. I didn’t know whose side to take, so I did the right thing at that time, I supported Rebecca. I was going to apologize to her the next morning but Corrin literally came on me and told me to stay away from her. That’s what it sounded like. I had no idea what to do and I thought the thing that pissed off Rebecca the most because I just felt like it. I felt sorry for the poor girl and how Rebecca made her feel and I wanted her to feel the same so I slept with another girl that night when Corrin came on me, when basically I found out the truth about Rebecca.

This is why Rebecca and I got in a fight and when she saw me with Laura in that restaurant, she was going to break up with me then but since I wanted to torture her more, I begged for her forgiveness so I can hurt her again. Now I am going to tell her that I actually want to break up with her because I have had enough of her shit. If I told my mum that she would make me change universities. I can already tell that she has had enough of me dating every other girl every week. I was sort of serious about Rebecca but now she is like every other girl I dated.

I am still in my room with my own thoughts and I know I will go crazy if I carry on sitting here with my own thoughts. I have made my mind up that I am going to end my relationship with Rebecca and that’s the end of it.

I walk out of my room closing the door behind me and leaving my phone on what I used to call my study desk. As I walk downstairs and into the kitchen, my eyes go to Laura’s huge grin and my mum laughing. I almost call out on them but I decide against it.

I don’t know what to say for the first five seconds, unsure but fortunately for me, My mum starts to speak. Of course Laura wouldn’t speak first.

“You remember that Harry, when you kept slipping on the ice when we went ice-skating?” Of course I remember that but there is no way I am admitting that.

“No, I don’t” I reply coldly.

“Oh, come on, how can you forget that, it was on your Fifteenth Birthday.” My lovely mum tries to convince me.

After nearly a minute of silence, I give in. “Yeah”

“I knew it, he just sometimes pretends to forget things like that, it’s just his habit, because he doesn’t want to show everyone that he was once a boy without girls who enjoyed his time with his mother.” I realise now that she is talking to Laura because her head it turned facing Laura.

Laura’s eyes dart toward me for a second and then look back at my mum while she speaks to her.

I have a feeling that she wants to speak to me desperately but I don’t say anything.

My mum attempts to talk to her until dinner time but I force Laura out of the house because I want to take Laura to dinner. I don’t know where I have got the vibe of taking her somewhere before my mum gives her any other information about my “dating” life.