Chapter 26

Harry’s POV

“So, how long have you been dating each other?” My mum asks and my heart stops.

To answer that I cough constantly as Laura’s face pales.

I have no idea why she just asked that question because we are not dating. She must have mistaken Laura for Rebecca because I once told her that I am dating someone, I didn’t exactly tell her who. We had that talk about 5 months ago. I wonder if she still remembers it.

“Did I say something wrong?” My mum says, concern clearly shows on her face.

I wait for Laura to answer this but to my horror, she doesn’t. Well, looks like I have to answer this.

“No, mum we aren’t dating. What makes you think that?”

“You told me last time that you were dating someone.” Oh. So she does remember.

“That was Rebecca.”

“Was?” My mum nosily asks.

I feel Laura looking at me and I try not to glance at her but am unsuccessful. I glance for a second before looking at my mum. If I say anything about me and Rebecca, I might say something that I am not supposed to and maybe I am not even ready to admit to myself, let alone my mum and Laura. Maybe I should talk to Laura about this myself. If I am going to try to be a better friend, I should be able to express my feelings to her since I don’t have a friend who is a girl. I never had. Only dating and then hating on exes. Not like I cared for them.

“I don’t know. Why do you ask so many questions?” I nearly scream and get up from the table, ready to leave but as I turn my head away, a small bunch of fingers wrap around my wrist pulling me back. I turn my head around to find out Laura’s innocent face looking at me. God, she is beautiful. What’s wrong with me?

As I quietly sit back down on the chair, I can sense my mum’s gaze on me.

I have no idea why I caused a scene in front of Laura when I was the one who brought her here and I don’t think she thinks any good of me right now creating a scene with my mum. Since when did I care about what anyone else thinks?

We eat our lunch in silence. Nobody talks. It’s kind of awkward having Laura here having lunch with my mum instead of Rebecca. I know and I was hundred percent sure I was going to bring Rebecca today to my mum’s house instead of Laura, that is kind of one of the reasons why my mum might try to question me, but if I am honest with myself I don’t want to have to answer her questions about the situation between Rebecca and I. If I say something to her, she will throw another hundred questions and me and I am not ready to answer them to myself, let alone my mum.

Laura gets up from her chair to put her plate in the sink, taking my mum’s and my plate on the way. Goody two shoes. My mum would definitely like her than Rebecca. I could always tell that she isn’t interested in a person like Rebecca because of the way she would listen to me, pretending to listen when she is not. She has never and never will take any interest in my love life. Maybe because she thinks I date too many girls. I just don’t want to hide anything from her but I feel that it is necessary to hide the situation between Rebecca and I. I don’t feel the need to tell her that and I know how she will react already.

Before I know what is happening around me, I see a clean table in front of me indicating that maybe it is time to leave the table but my mum obviously asks us.

“Do you want tea or coffee?”

“Nothing.” I say at the same time Laura says “Tea, please.”

Of course she would be all motherly and win the entire mum’s heart in the world because she is so good at it. You can always tell from the time you see her.