Chapter 24

My heart literally stops at his comment and I am not sure if I am able to function anymore. I don’t exactly know what he meant by that because there are so many meanings for this but I really can’t make my mind up of which one did he mean? Did he mean for me not to go to classes? Or did he mean more than leaving him, like not leave him again? I honestly have no idea which one to choose.

“Uhm...what do you mean?” I say.

“I-I-I...nothing. It’s alright.” He stammers but doesn’t say anything else. I hate it when people do that, leaving your sentence.

“What is it? Tell me harry.” I push.

“I said nothing.”  He says. Okay, now he is getting at my nerves.

“Harry, say it or I am leaving because I have already missed 4 classes and wouldn’t miss anymore.” I say and mean every word.

“Ok. Ok. Sorry. Well, I asked if you could stay so I and you could hang out...if that’s okay with you?” He says and quickly adds the last words to not seem like he is trying to take me out on a date...again.

I have to say and I am quite pleased with his answer. I thought he was going to lie about what he said earlier but I didn’t think he would tell the truth, only that he said it in a different way that never made my heart stop like last time.

“Umm....and..?” I ask rudely.

“No, I just wanted you to...you know...spend a day with me...but if you can’t, that’s fine with me as well.”

“I don’t know.” I stand there like an idiot wondering whether to go with him or not.

“I am sorry I asked you that. I was so stupid. Even though I knew you wouldn’t agree. Damn it.” He says quietly after a long silence.

“No, I never refused your offer.” His face lightens up from my answer but he tries to hide but he is unsuccessful.

“I was just thinking...I just can’t make my mind up.”

“Oh. Well I need an answer right now.”

“If you are going somewhere then, that’s fine. I will just go to my last 2 classes.”

“I was just going to go somewhere. I thought you might want to come with me.”

“If it’s somewhere important then I won’t go with you and interrupt your business.” I say and I mean it because I hate interrupting people’ business. It makes me feel like that they are dragging me into their personal stuff but don’t want to tell me a thing about it.

“No, it’s nothing important really. I was just going somewhere and thought I would like to ask you if you would like to come.” He says really calmly. Infact, too calmly.

I don’t know where he is going to go and I am not even sure if I can trust him after last night. Maybe he is trying to be friends with me again and make up for all the rubbish he said last night.

“I would love it if you would come.” He says and by the look on his face I can tell he is serious.

“Okay.” I give in after a long silence.

“Really?” He says, his face lightening up, removing the serious face off from seconds.

“Yes, really. Do you want me to go?” I smile at him.

“Of course, I just can’t believe that you agreed.”

“Me too.” I tease him even though I knew deep down that I would agree, I don’t think I was ready to admit that I will give myself in.