Chapter 30

Chapter 30:

Laura’s POV

“Long time no see.” Harry says as soon as I enter the room.

He is drunk. I know it. I can tell.

“I was just..out” I don’t know what excuse to make. But having looked at this, I don’t need to take excuses because he is not my parent.

“With Zayn?” I can hear the bitterness in his voice as he says it.

Now that I have learnt the truth, and my anger for Harry starts raging up again, I want to kick him out of this room for what he did. But instead, it comes out as an angry answer.

“So what? You have no control over me.” I speak for myself in front of this cheater.

“Woah calm down now.” He moves to stand from the bed and head towards me. I take a step back. Even though I’m standing about a feet away from here, I can still feel the liquor from him.

I wonder how long he has been drinking because it hasn’t been long since Zayn and I were hanging out and it didn’t take us much time to come to the dorms as well.

He gazes at me with burning his green eyes into my blue ones. I literally cannot stand him. In result of that, I move toward the bathroom door but instead pulled back by a bunch of fingers wrapped around my wrist. I turn around to see Harry looking at me over his shoulder.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He whispers almost as if people can hear us when there is no one but me and him in this room. Oh god.

“To the bathroom, I need to change.” I point out the obvious.

“Well, now you’re not because we have a lot to talk about.” He says. What?

“What do you mean?” I say.

He moves me to sit on the edge of my bed and he on the edge of his bed so he is facing me.

“What were you doing with Zayn?” If I knew him a bit better, I knew he would be curious but in this case he isn’t. He is drunk.

“I was talking to him.”

“About what?” He commands me to tell him but I’m not giving in.

“Why are you so fussed about what I am doing all the damn time?” I ask him. This is the first time I asked him this question so I hope he doesn’t get angry.

“Because I want to know.” He replies.

“Well, you’re not going to get the answer unless you answer me truthfully.” I say and seems to me that I have surprised both of us with my words.

He glares at me for a few seconds until I start to feel uncomfortable. I take his silence as he is not going to answer my question is what I expected from him in the first place. No surprise there.

I stand up to head toward the bathroom again and this time, he doesn’t make any move to stop me in which I am glad because I don’t have any idea what he wants to even talk about. I don’t think I have done anything to upset him, right? Because he doesn’t deserve it in a harsh way since he has been treating me like a friend.

I close the bathroom door behind me when I realise that I haven’t had contact with Corrin, the one who wanted me at the party. Well, I didn’t see her on my way out so I don’t know where she might be. Probably home. I should call her now and check about her whereabouts.

After about twenty minutes, I come out of the bathroom and the first thing my eyes lay on is Harry on his bed, sleeping.

Thank Goodness.