Chapter 4

Magnus was lounging on the couch, Tessa's latest novel propped up in his lap. He wasn't much of a reader, he had never been, his newly famed friend had a way with words. She was able to weave an entirely different story so fluidly, the descriptions were so vivid he could almost imagine him there during the fast-paced events that happened. He could understand why so many people, and movie producers, had taken an interest into her works, even though she was so young.

"Poor Lucie," he mused to himself about the main protagonist. She had just had an entire bottle of wine dumped over her, and the empty bottle had been smashed over the man she loved by the other man she loved. Love triangles in stories were always amusing, especially when they were written as well as Tessa had written them. The over dramatized ones were fairly annoying, though.

He was snapped out of his mind in the book by his cell phone ringing loudly. Magnus placed his book mark in his place (dog-earing books always were irritating to him) and pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Catarina," he said, surprised. He hadn't been expecting a call from her. Catarina Loss was his agent, who had gotten him his first roles in his earlier movies, she was the one who handled everything for him. She could be a bit nagging and heartless at times, but he didn't know what he would do without her. If she hadn't discovered him, Magnus had no idea what he would've been doing with his life right then.

"Hello, Magnus," Catarina said. Her voice was calm but firm, as it was at all times. He had never once heard her frightened or angry, and she was steady in all the worst situations that Magnus had a knack of getting himself in. It was sometimes hard to believe that she was the same age as him, she seemed so much more mature in every way possible.

"It's always lovely to hear from you," he said, "But may I ask, what is it? I'm sorry, but I don't believe you're just calling me to wish me a good day or deliver me free pizza. Although that would be nice."

"If you weren't so popular," Catarina said dryly, "I'd probably throw you out onto the street."

"Ah, but I am," Magnus smiled to himself, "So anyways, what do I owe the pleasure of hearing your lovely voice to?"

"There was this very persistent woman on the phone with me just now," Catarina's voice was just slightly annoyed, "Apparently, she was from Shadowhunter Gossip. Anyways, it seems as if she somehow managed got into her head that you would completely agree to an interview with them."

Magnus thought for a moment, and Catarina took his silence on the phone as a sign for her to continue talking.

"Anyways, no matter what I told her, she completely insisted on hearing from you, personally. She wanted to hear from you either agreeing to it or rejecting it. So, in the end, I had no choice but to call you. So, what do you say? I have to call her back pretty quickly."

Magnus remembered Alec, how he had been so simple with Magnus, not caring how famous he was. In all his life, he had never met someone who simply treated him so much just like he was himself. With Alec, he didn't feel as if he had to pretend to be someone he wasn't. And there was so much he didn't know about the other boy, so much that was still in the dark to be discovered.

Then, his mind betrayed him.

He remembered the way Alec had looked at Jace. It was obvious that he was almost completely blinded by his love for the other boy, although he was fairly well as hiding it from Jace himself. Magnus wasn't usually one to intrude in these sorts of things, no matter how attractive Alec had seemed.

But then, he saw Alec's blue eyes, and the way the seemed to be able to look directly into Magnus's soul. He remembered the way his voice had sounded, friendly, although a bit guarded. Everything about the other boy was so enchanting, there was so much about him that drew Magnus it. The thing was, he didn't even notice it. He always expected to stay in the shadow of Jace, he was so used to simply being there for his siblings to lean on whenever they needed it. He was that person who was there whenever you needed him, although some people didn't always appreciate it.