Chapter 25

Alec hadn't even been thinking about going to Magnus's house. When he had spun on his heel and ran off, he had just wanted to get away, he wanted to find somewhere he could feel safe. It was as if his legs just knew automatically where they wanted to go, and that place would be to Magnus's.

Rain had started to fall outside of the window, and Alec was slightly amazed how quickly the world had turned from a bright, robin's egg blue, to damp and darkened. Honestly, though, he should've been expecting it. He turned his head away from the large window at a small sound, Magnus coming back into the room with a tray of food. Just the sight of him seemed to make Alec's heart beat faster, and what Alec needed to say seemed even harder to say. It was as if the words were stuck in the back of his throat.

"I wasn't expecting any visitors," Magnus said, brushing aside a couple of open magazines on the small coffee table, "so forgive me if the place is a little messy."

"It's fine," Alec said, tentatively reaching for a bit of breath from the tray. He had managed to calm down for now, and his tears were gone. Magnus had made sure of it, sitting right next to him as Alec tired himself out with all the things reeling through his mind at a dizzying speed. Now, he just felt worn out, and wanted to collapse onto the floor for a nice nap.

The two of them sat in silence for a moment, and for the entire time, Alec could sense Magnus's bright, sharply-lit eyes on him. There was no backing out of this now.

"So I've been thinking about your offer," the words seemed to blurt out of him, rushing out before Alec suddenly lost his courage again, "you know, about staying here with you."

Magnus nodded slowly, stretching out on the sofa across from Alec like a cat waking up from sleep. Alec, on the other hand, sat perched on the edge of his seat, afraid to touch anything in fear that he might soil it.

"Yeah..." Magnus waited for Alec to continue on. It might've just been Alec's imagination, but Magnus seemed to tense up at little bit, as if he was almost dreading the answer.

"So yes," Alec said, looking down at his hands, not knowing where else to turn his eyes to, "My answer is yes. I'd like to move in with you."

At that, Magnus's smile broke out into a light grin. It was natural on his face, making it seem a lot brighter, like a flower that had just bloomed in the sun. It was contagious, Alec couldn't help himself but smile a little along as well. Alec knew he was ever one to smile easily, but whenever he was around Magnus, it just seemed to happen so easily, so fluidly. By the angel, why did he have this sort of effect on him? Magnus moved to sit down next to Alec, and he shifted a little to make room.

Then, as if it was the most natural thing in the world, Magnus leaned down, pushing his mouth against Alec's. Then there was nothing else in the world.

Magnus had insisted that he would easily be able to buy Alec more things, but for some reason, the stubborn boy wouldn't agree to it. He knew it was best not to ask what happened in between Alec and the rest of his family, but he was very tempted to ask why Alec simply couldn't go back to his old home and gather up his clothes and items to move over to Magnus's. So, he couldn't go back to his old home, and he needed to get his stuff which was located inside of his old home. Magnus was no genius, but the problem flashed clearly in front of both of their eyes.

And so, that was how the two of them ended up heading down in a limo to Cecily Herondale's home.

The driver looked down at the directions Alec had written down when over the phone with Cecily before continuing on his way. They were turning down a winding street, already passing by many grand homes almost as large as Magnus's himself.