Getting Situated

"Fuck you Donatello,
Do you even know how to rhyme?
Your bars are not on par
With a rap God like mine!
You claim to have defeated me,
But really, why you lyin'?
Your words are so weak,
You've got me sitting here sighin'!"

Someone, anyone, please shoot me. I think I've had enough.

"YOU call ME weak,
Really, what was that?
You're getting rusty Leo,
To be spitting shit from your ass!
I think its time for you to rest,
This place must be getting to your head.
My solution, for you,
Would be to lay down and play dead!"

The time was 12:00 p.m. and I had been here since ten. Within that time frame I've literally been questioning the meaning of life and how my decisions have brought me here. I've tried being stoic like Officer Hern. I've tried being nonchalant, tuning them out with irrelevant thoughts, but it seemed even that wasn't going to cut it.

They labeled these men as Level A criminals! I get that they are a bit psychologically impaired, but I just couldn't come to terms with accepting their criminal status.

Officer Hern and I, as well as four other officers, surrounded the premises. While I was tinkering on the edge of insanity, it seemed that two of the other four officers had already beaten me to it.

"For fucks sake, shut the hell up! You both suck," roared Officer Troy. He was a very short man with a very short temper. His face was red, his eyes blazing in absolute fury. His partner, Officer Goldwyn, shook his head in embarrassment and tried to calm his seething partner.

"Are they always like this?" I asked my partner. His answer was a short grunt. I rolled my eyes, then trained them on the third inmate that was smiling contagiously at the scene. I was informed that his name was Andrés and that he'd been here for six months.

As he sat there smiling, I took the time to really look at him. He was a very muscular man with unmarred olive skin. His jet black hair had grown long and his bangs covered his piercing hazel eyes. As if feeling my gaze, his eyes drifted to mine, staring at me in an almost intimidating predatory way.

I simply stared back at him uninterested.

"Will you shut the fuck up Troy. Isn't it sad for an officer such as yourself to get riled up so easily by a measly prisoner?" Hern calmly scolded.

Troy subsided his banter between Donatello and Leo, before focusing his raging blue eyes at Hern. "You know what, fuck you," he spat. "An amazing officer such as myself can only take so much from these bumbling fools before snapping. At least I show emotion you emotionless robotic prick!"

Hern smiled. "Good one. Let's see if you'll be saying that tomorrow."

Troy clinched his fingers. "I swear, you're one crazy son of a bitch. You should be locked up with them."

Fed up with his insults, I turned my attention to Troy. "Hey, would you just shut it. We are here for only one reason and that is to do our job. Arguing like a bunch of babies isn't goung to solve anything so I suggest you both stop right now."

Because of Troy's immaturity he continued in retaliation. "Where in the world did you come from girl? Don't ever tell me how to do my job. I don't take orders from a puny newbie like yourself," he laughed. "Makes sense that the warden would put two incompetent morons as partners."

"This is gonna be a long day," I sighed.

~12 hours later~

The time was 12:00 a.m.

Level E Building:

"Home, sweet home! Ah, I can't wait to go home," smiled a psychopathic inmate.

"Yeah right," smirked his cell mate. "You just can't wait to go on a killing spree. I can't wait to go home so that I can fucking kill that bitch and stab the mother fucker she's been shacking with."

"Your wife?"

"Yeah, my wife," he spat.

Level D Building

"Hmm, today's the big day!" exclaimed Roger, an ADHD/ bipolar inmate. His voice was high pitched as he spoke aloud to the members of his cell block. He pranced around his cell, smiling contagiously. "You know what guys! I feel like singing, let's all sing a song!"

Patrolling guards, who were alerted by the sudden noise, came around telling Roger to shut his trap before walking off.

"But I can't," he whispered happily. "Oh, I just can't! What a happy day!"

Levels B and C

"Today's the day, you shit heads," said a tall, dark muscular man disguised as a patrolling officer. "Don't mess this shit up. You know he'll be freaking pissed if today doesn't go as planned."

Inmates from every cell stood holding the bars of their cells as they nodded and smiled. They knew the plan and they were damn sane enough not to mess it up or get on his bad side. This prison break meant everything to them.

"Good. Now back inside! We begin at 5 o'clock p.m sharp."

Level A Building

There only stood one officer on guard in this building, which was quite odd. Usually, there were up to six officers on the midnight shift, but they were no where to be seen. It was as if they all vanished.

Another oddity that could be pointed out, was that fact that the camera's surrounding the vicinity were turned off. The red glow that signaled the camera's active operation was no where to be seen. And the people in the tech room? Well, let's just say that they were permanently "relieved" of their duties.

"Good to have you back, man. It's been pretty boring not having you guys back at the manor. Everyone can't wait to see you," said the lonely officer.

"We know Hernández. It's good to be back." The three criminals replied simultaneously.

***************************
Comment and Vote please!