Aftermath

"This is CNN Breaking News. Hello viewers from around the world, my name is Vixen Fitzgerald. At around five o'clock p.m eastern time yesterday in the state of Texas, seven hundred prisoners escaped Juggernaut, America's highest maximum security prison.

Reggie Yaldon, our news correspondent, stands outside of what's left of the once regarded facility. Reggie, can you tell us what you've heard so far?"

"Among the prison's 1,550 staff officers, only two survived the prison break. According to a trusted source of mine, the names of the officer's, who are both female, are Pauline Dunt and Lizanna Marvel. As for the seven hundred inmates, twenty-nine were killed, sixty-eight were captured and six hundred and three remain on the run.

We believe that yesterday's catastrophic event was heavily orchestrated by an outside organization, but the details of that remain with the FBI. Starting today, a statewide search for these criminals will begin in Texas. It is best that everyone remain vigilant...."

"Doctor," I heard a woman shriek from beside me. "She's awake!"

Rushed footsteps entered inside of what I guessed was my room. An elderly woman came beside my bed and physically inspected me. She must be the doctor.

"Hello, my name is Nina Ukon and I am the head doctor of this unit. Do you remember what your name is?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but I wasn't really sure how to answer her question. So, I shook my head slowly. "No."

The doctor gave me a knowing look as she addressed a nurse to check my vital signs.

"...police girl."

"Wait, my name is Lizanna, Lizanna Marvel." I uttered through chapped lips.

The doctor relaxed a bit and gave me a smile. "Good, nice to meet you Lizanna. I'm going to ask you a few more questions, dear.  Do you know where you are?"

I let my eyes roam around slowly. "I'm in a hospital."

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-five."

"What month and year are we in?"

"September 2016."

"Lastly, do you know why you're here."

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. I racked my head, thinking heavily on how to answer the question. Vague images appeared in my head and I couldn't organize them together to fully comprehend the events that lead me here. So instead, I shook my head.

"No, I'm sorry but I can't quite remember. I remember some things, like making my rounds at Juggernaut, but other than that I don't have a clue why I'm here Dr. Ukon."

The doctor shook her head in understanding. "I see. From what I've observed from your behavior thus far Ms. Marvel it is safe to say that you have mild retrograde amnesia."

I gasped.

"Now, don't worry it isn't serious. Retrograde amnesia is characterized by the partial or total loss of the ability to recall events that occurred during the period prior to brain injury. RGA may extend backwards for seconds, minutes, hours, days, months or even years depending on the severity of the injury.
You've only lost part of your memories. They'll probably come back to you later on," she explained as she tinkered with the machines. She then kindly told the nurses to leave the room.

"Ms. Marvel I know that you are recovering and I'm sure you're exhausted but I must tell you that people working for the FBI are waiting outside to speak to you. As your doctor I have the authority to tell them to leave and wait until you're feeling better, but of course I need your consent."

I rose my eyebrows in confusion. "The FBI wants to speak with me? Why?"

"It's about what happened yesterday. I can't tell you very much, but I do believe that you will regain some of your lost memories if you do let them question you. However, if you feel that it is too much stress, I'll happily tell them to come another time," she explained.

I closed my eyes and sighed heavily. I didn't need to think this over becuase I already knew my answer. The need to find out how I got here and what in the hell the FBI wanted from me was just too  tempting to put on hold. "You can let them in doctor. Thanks, but I'll be fine."

The doctor nodded her head and departed from the room a second later. I took the few minutes I had to myself to think, but the click of a weapon I knew all too well disrupted my thoughts.

"Silenzio. Out of the bed right now unless you want a bullet embedded in your head," ordered a beautiful slim woman wearing a nurses costume. She looked the part, but anyone with observant eyes could tell that she wasn't who she claimed to be.

But who said that there were any observant people in the hospital?

Therefore, it wasn't a surprise that I was  wheelchaired out of the facility, past security guards, doctors, nurses, and reporters undetected and into a sleek black vehicle that sped off once I was placed inside via gunpoint.  

^^^^^^^^^^^

Across the Atlantic Ocean

"Hey, has anyone seen Feliciana lately?" Said a man with rich chocolate skin wearing a tank top. He was sweating from his face and chest as if he had just come back from a workout.

"No. Last I saw her was when we played Truth or Dare," Someone answered.

The black man shook his head.

"What! We were bored."

"Ok, well when you see her, tell her...Wait, you played Truth or Dare with Feliciana! Why in the hell would you do that?!"

"What's so wrong with that?"

"Because she takes it too seriously you nimrod!" He sighed and massaged his temples. "Ok, ok, just tell me what you dared her to do."

"...I dared her to kidnap the girl who broke Hernández's nose and bring her here so that he can kill her. You know how she's obsessed with him and she was pissed about what that girl did to Hernández so I thought it would be funny if I dared Feliciana to do it. BUT I DIDN'T THINK SHE'D ACTUALLY DO IT, I SWEAR!"

"Idiota, its called Truth or Dare for a reason!"

"I'm sorry man."

"Don't say that to me, say that to the boss when he hears about this."