Hindrances

"What in the hell is going on in here Andrés? Why is your fat ass flashing in the air like that, huh? Are you asking for a spanking?"

With all my might, I tried my damned hardest to fight the smile that was rapidly forming on my face. God knows I tried. The way his body was positioned on the floor, and the fact that the old woman walked up to him and spanked him repeatedly on his butt to get his attention, almost sent me howling.

But I reigned myself back. This was a very serious situation and I had to be taking it serious.

"Damn you Fiorellino." Andrés moaned as he tried to get up from all fours. "You didn't have to go gorilla on that damn door just to open it! Uh, fucking hell now my face is all fucked up--"

Fiorellino rose her leg and harshly stomped Andrés's backside, sending him back toward the marble floor. Multiple cracking noises coming from Andrés and the marble floor got me a little concerned about what was currently going on.

"You have the audacity to call me a gorilla you little shit?" She said through clenched teeth. "For the record you little mongrel, gorillas got nothing on me when it comes to going bananas all over your ass. I'll wipe the floor with you in an instant the next time you call me that."

For extra measure, she squished her feet against his back before walking back to the cart and approaching me. She had a smile on her face again. "Seems like I'll have to call Dr. Ferrari back in here for him, huh?"

I simply nodded my head and continued to stare at Andrés's motionless form on the ground. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but is--is he alright? Because he's not moving."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Oh, him? He's just fine, we do this all the time."

I gave her a bewildered look as she assembled a breakfast in bed tray in front of me, along side with a bowl of steaming soup and a cup of water. 

"Trust me, he never stays too long on the ground whenever I'm done with him. He likes to act all tough, but he always scampers off whenever I turn around. I bet he's already gone."

I averted my eyes from her and to where Andrés was initially sprawled. And she was right, he wasn't even there anymore. But how? He was in my line of vision, so how did I not see him leave?

He was probably scared too shitless to even bother with door and instead resorted to evaporating out of the room in order to get away from her.

"He's quick, I'll tell you that," she muttered when she looked behind her. "Quicker than the last time. Anyways, here's a change of clothes. The doctor gave me these for you to take in case that fool forgot to give them to you. If you need anything else, just ask for grandma Fiorellino and I'll be back to help you."

She flashed another smile at me before she departed from the room and closed the door softly behind her. Not a second later, I could hear what seemed to be a system of locks being bolted shut from behind the door and Fiorellino yelling, "We don't need you running out of here, now do we?" before retreating.

"Fuck!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FBI Headquarters

"This is CNN Breaking News. Hello viewers from around the world. My name is Vixen Fitzgerald and alongside me is chief of police Madeline Stoneguard from Beaumont, Texas, and Dion McDougall, a representative of the FBI."

"Thank you for having us." Madeline replied with a nod of her head.

"I'll be starting with you Officer Stoneguard," Vixen started. "Two days ago, a prison break in one of America's finest maximum security institutions occurred in Beaumont, Texas, at about five o'clock p.m. According to the announcement you made that day, you said that out of the seven hundred escapees, six hundred and three remain on the run. What measures have you and your department taken to ensure that civilians in your city remain safe?"