Chaos Underground (3)

Andrès' POV:

I was in the middle of reading my fathers report about the new security features implanted around Lilliana's Orphanage, when my phone rang. I highlighted where I stopped then reached into my breast pocket to retrieve my phone.

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon Mr. Vito, this is Marco Treviño calling you from the police department in Franciaco Mall. I have information that I think would be of utmost importance to you."

While the man's first and last name didn't ring a bell, I encouraged him to go on. Because the only way for him to have gotten my direct phone line was to have been hired directly through my main family members; meaning that this man could be trusted.

"Earlier today, three members of the FBI arrived at the mall to my department. They were heavily invested with a woman caught on our camera feed whom they claim had gone missing from her country."

My eyes widened.

They were here already for Lizanna?! How did did they fucking trace her location so fast, we made sure to cover our tracks!

"She was seen on camera with two of your female subordinates, but before the FBI personnel could see them, I had their faces blurred to the best of my ability. However, it seems that with me having done that I've placed them under their radars. Forgive me, sir."

"No, there's no need to apologize Officer Treviño, you did a wonderful job. Thank you for updating me on their abrupt prescence here in Milan."

"Of course, sir."

"Before I let you go, I'll need you to send me your camera feed on those FBI members so that we can open up an investigation of our own. I'll also need you to disclose any confidential information you received from them to me as well."

"I'll be right on it, sir. Expect it to be sent within the next ten minutes." Click

I placed my phone to the side of my paperwork and fumed. In all honesty, I wasn't so naïve to believe that there wouldn't be authority figures looking into Lizanna's disappearance case. I knew that that would happen eventually. My issue with this was how extremely fast they were able to track her down, pinpointing her exact location here...and they were getting closer and closer to finding her.

Shit, this was not good.

I picked up my fathers report and briefly skimmed through it while waiting for Marco's email to come through. From what I read, the orphanage was finished getting the new security installments placed. The compound would be equipped with up-to-date hitech cameras, bulletproof windows, and professionally trained bodyguards stationed all around the premises. Even with all that in place, we decided to add in an extra precautionary installment in the event that an enemy miraculously managed to bypass all of that.

Finishing the report, I returned it inside a manila folder and threw it inside my desk drawer. When I heard a familiar ding from my cellphone, I didn't hesitate to turn on my computer then scroll through my phone to read Marco's brief message.

"Sent, sir."

My fingers were a blur against the keyboards as I tried to access my email and pull up the information. I clicked on the first of two emails sent by Marco that unveiled the FBI agents photos and background information.

"So we have Drew Hawethorne, Light Fujiwara, and Bell Bernadotte chasing Lizanna's fucking ass across the goddamn world," I mumbled irrately as I scanned over their enlarged photos.