The Deal: I Accept!

Lizanna's POV:

The pie had sailed into the air, exploding  twenty feet away from the mansion. Someone had tackled me from behind, shielding me from the explosion and I wondered who I had to thank for that.

Tuning out the fearful screams, I was turned over and shaken gently by Andrés. "Hey, Lizanna are you okay?"

"Yeah," I said as I peeked an eye open. "I'm fine. Thanks."

He helped me up to my feet, placing his strong arms around my waist as he hoisted me up. As we walked back inside of the now chaos ridden mansion, I could smell Andrés's cologne and I all but drooled. Shameful, I know, but I was a sucker for masculine cologne and he just smelled so good.

Lilliana, Feliciana, and Diamonte were all trying to calm the crying children while I guessed the guys went out to find the perpetrator for this attack. "Sit here for a bit. I'll be outside making a few calls."

I nodded my head and he helped me ease into the seat before leaving. Not a moment later, Nero and Raphael ran from across the room and into my sides, hugging the life out of me. "Lizanna," Nero cried. "I'm sorry." My heart softened and I pulled both crying boys closer to me. Raphael kept tearfully shouting out his apologies in Italian while his tears and snot mixed in with my clothing.

"Shh, shh...thank you for worrying about me, but you don't have to."

Nero turned his watery eyes to mine. "W-Why not?"

"Because, I've made up my mind to stay here for awhile to protect you and the city. Both of you," I started again as I placed a kiss on their foreheads, "will be safe. I'll make sure of it."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Andrés's POV:

Damn it!

I walked out of the mansion with long strides, pulling my phone out as I scrolled through my contacts. I could feel the boiling rage I had suppressed for the well-being of the children instantly shattering and coursing through every fiber of my being.

I was enraged.

I was fucking ready to kill.

Who ever had done this will die, I'll make sure of it. To go after the children is like going after my own family and I will not settle for that kind of threat.

Then there was Lizanna. Her quick reaction to the incident not only saved the children's life, but my team's as well and I am deeply grateful for her quick thinking and presence. I remember looking at her weirdly as she ran out of the living room, juggling what seemed to be a steaming pie in her hands. The odd way she was moving initally made me think that she was doing some kind of parlor trick for the children...that is until I overheard Nero saying something about a beeping noise coming from inside the pie and a recurring flashing red light. At that moment, I knew that something was wrong and I raced after her, fortunately catching up with her the moment she threw the pie into the air and exploded. Surprised, I pulled her back by her shirt and shielded her with my body.

If it weren't for her, we'd all be dead....and everything my family and friends have been able to do thus far would all have been at stake. She risked her life without so much as a second thought to save people she hardly even knew, for people like us that have been nothing but a hindrance for her...

When I finally found my father's name, I pressed the call button and he picked up on the first ring.

"What's the matter son?"

"The orphanage was attacked just now dad. Whoever did it literally implanted a bomb inside of a pie and gave it to one of the child to bring inside of the compound. Their plan of trying to blow us all up almost fucking worked and my hunch says it's the Bianchi's work."