I Remember

"Listen, I assure you that I am no threat," I spoke calmly as the scar guy loudly continued his conversation over the phone from across the shop. "All I ask is for your assistance in escorting me to the nearest police station. I've been--"

"You're American?" The guy with the gun asked.

I scrunched my eyes in suspicion. "Why do you ask?"

I think my answer wasn't what he was expecting. A tick of annoyance pulsed from his head as he tightened his hold on the gun. "I'm the one with the damn gun, that's why. Answer the fucking question!"

His goons standing behind him chuckled at his antics. "Hey Boss, get a load of this...Oh wait, he's on the phone."

"This bitch has a lot of nerve. Isn't that right Piero? Bet she'll fetch for a high price for nasty bastards who enjoy taming wild bitches."

"You got that fucking right," he grunted as he approached me confidently.

What a stupid move. The damned fools weren't going to assist me in the first place and now--shit--I'm deeply involved with even more dangerous people in this country. I don't have time for this.

I assessed the men behind Piero. They had their weapons on them, they just hadn't taken them out yet...

"Non riesco a crederci!" (I can't believe it!) Their boss laughed. He was leaning with his back on the wall, his attention focused solely on his sleek black dress shoes.

I could do this, I could take them all down if I timed my attack perfectly. I had to get them all out if I had any chance of getting out of this alive. Looks like I'll be starting with Piero then.

"You know what? Forget selling you off," he spat when he got closer to me, cocking the gun in my face. "I'll just teach you to shut that pretty little mouth of yours and to put it somewhere more useful!"

Before he could even blink, I slapped the gun from his grasp, brought his arm down and kneed him hard in the humerus, effectively dislocating it from the socket. As he was in the process of dropping to the ground I kicked at his chest and sent him flying on top of two of his goons.

I charged forward and front kicked one that had his arm around his gun, ready to take it out of its holster. But he ended up accidently pulling the trigger, shooting himself in the thigh. "Gesú Crist!"

I turned around to move on to the next one, but I was met with a harsh punch to the face. My back hit the counter hard and unimaginable pain raced up my spine.

"You fucking whore!" Yelled one of the bastards I sent tumbling down when I kicked Piero. "I'm going to freaking murder you!" He charged forward, his face contorted in absolute rage, his eyes promising instant death.

I reacted quickly by bracing my weight on the counter and back flipping over it. "You can't hide from me!" He yelled as he jumped over a few seconds later. Little did he know I had a thick wooden board between my hands that I instantly used to backhand him hard in the face with. Blood gushed from his nose and he fell down in a heap. 

Two seconds into catching my breath, I was pulled by my hair over the counter and slammed into the floor. Those thick hands left my hair and were applied around my throat, the pressure cutting off my oxygen intake. "So you like dislocating people's arms, eh? Well how about I return the favor by dislocating your throat!" Piero spat menacingly.

I couldn't breathe and I struggled long and hard to remove his hands, resorting to kicking if I had to, but it was no use. "Let go of me you ass." I managed through strained breaths. Piero only applied more pressure at this. Dark spots clotted my vision and I was losing consciousness fast.