The Game Plan

~1 week later~

Within the past week, Lizanna had settled into her new role or "job" as the Vito's police girl. They had given her a tour of the mansion, formally reintroduced her to the heads of the Vito organization, and filled her in on their primary enemy, the Bianchi family. Lizanna learned that the Bianchi's, with the help of other accomplices, were chiefly known for smuggling and selling a drug known as Adamantine.

Adamantine holds some similarities in substance and effect with crack cocaine, the only difference is that Adamantine renders the user catatonic. With just one dose, an individual will become immobile, causing the body to maintain a rigid position for considerable lengths of time that could span out for hours, days, weeks, and even months at a time. The users psychological process would be halted as they lay in a drugged stupor, rendering them ultimitaley helpless. Without being said, the drug is cheap, highly addictive, and can cause instant death...but if you live in an underdeveloped area, for some, the risk is worth taking.

A drug like that cannot be circulated inside Milan no matter the cost.

"Did you hear about what happened in Monza?" Asked Diamonte as the three of us walked side-by-side down the busy streets of Milan. We were heading toward the outlet center for an hours worth of shopping before reporting to our patrolling posts. I was positioned in the outskirts of the city with Cielo and his own men so that I could get a taste of what I was dealing with when it came to patrolling the border.

"How couldn't I? Seventy-five percent of the place was burned to the ground." Feliciana answered with her fists clenched. "My heart goes out to the people who lost so much..."

I cocked my head in confusion. "Monza?"

Diamonte sighed. "Monza is a very small city located about two miles away from Roggano. It's a peaceful city with a population of about one thousand, however that doesn't seem to be the case anymore."

"Why? What happened?"

"Last week, in the late hours of the night, Monza was engulfed in flames. What started as a small city was deduced even smaller due to the large scale conflagration that took days to put out. The people who managed to get away safely deserted the city, I mean who could blame them," Diamonte explained. "So now, the population is literally zero."

I rubbed my arm. "Damn, that's awful. Were there any witnesses?"

Feliciana shook her head. "Apparently not. But, that doesn't make any sense though--how could no one have seen anything? They couldn't have all been asleep."

"I agree. Somebody must have seen something." I said.

Diamonte shrugged her shoulders. "Let's not talk about this anymore guys. We came here to shop and shopping is what we'll do!" We spent the next forty-five minutes shopping for new clothes, approving or disapproving of styles that caught our eyes. Feliciana picked out a motley array of floral dresses and T-shirts while Diamonte checked out the shoes and hi-tech devices. While they were busy, I wandered over to the food court.

"What to eat," I muttered repeatedly as I scanned for familiar vendors, eventually settling for Subway. I quickly ordered for a six-inch sandwhich and a small soda, paying for it with the left over money I had from my shopping. As I was exiting from the food court, the sound of a loud fit of coughing made me stop in my tracks and turn toward the source.

Sitting alone at a table located about six feet away from me was a black female. She had medium length brown hair and black sunshades covering her eyes as she continued to hack loudly, using her hands to pound away on her chest.

"Is she...choking?" I swiftly raced toward the now standing woman and performed the Hiemlich maneuver until what looked like to be a sausage link came out of her mouth and plopped on the floor. The woman coughed again, grabbed her soda, drank it, then gasped.