Sapphire

I wake up when Denise enters, her blonde hair now styled beautifully.

"How are you, baby?", she asks, and I can't help asking, "Why do you call me baby?"

"You're new. That's what we call new people," she explains.

"I see..."

I can't imagine Denise being called baby. She seems grown up and older. Maybe because she is... But four years isn't that much... Or is it? Maybe I'm younger than I've always felt. Mainly because my parents have always allowed me a certain amount of freedom.

I sigh, causing Denise to throw me an intrigued glance. I give her a small smile, but she doesn't seem to care.

"Why did you come?", I ask, still confused on that matter.

Denise smiles, "Sir Elias is a decent guy. He cares about you being okay."

"Oh, how sweet. Then why did he kidnap me?", I growl, rage filling me. I've spent the day crying, so anger was bound to eventually come and grab hold of me.

"Sapphire. Calm. You'll never be happy like this," Denise says, "Everybody eventually gives in. You're just going to create wounds and ruin your chances of happiness. So, please, don't do anything stupid."

"I'm going to escape, Denise, I don't care what happens. I need to get back to my friends and family. And Jeremy..."

"What did I say about not doing anything stupid? And... Jeremy?", Denise inquires; curious.

"My boyfriend."

"You have a boyfriend... Of course. Somebody as pretty as you always has a boyfriend," she mumbles.

"What?", I say, confusion filling me. What is she talking about?

Denise shakes her head, indicating that she doesn't want to talk about it. I understand and am quiet on the matter.

"So... How's life?"

I know there are barely any topics we can talk about, because of our life situation.

"It was pretty much crap. But now I have a new friend now," she replies, faking a smile.

The door opens and I see Elias. He's standing in the door frame.

"My mother wants to talk to you," he mutters, "Don't keep her waiting. Girl, you can take her, right? I don't want her not arriving for some reason."

Denise nods and he leaves.

"How low does he think of me?"

"He knows the truth," Denise replied, "Now come."

I realise that right now he'll probably be watching me. So I need to gain his trust. Then I can escape.

~~~

"Ah, Sapphire, is it?", Elias's mother greets me, "Uh... Take a seat."

She is sat on a beautiful brown chair with elegant carvings in it. Her hair is black and skin pale. Her dress is classy and fancy.

I sit down on a smaller stool opposite her.

She smiles before asking, "How are you."

I'm quiet, knowing the answer is angry, but not something I want to tell her. Then I settle for a lie.

"Good."

If I please his mother and convince him I'm capable and independent, I won't be as watched. Then I can take the chance to try to run.

"Are you sure, Sapphire. I know it's hard. And Elias... Can get scary when he's angry. He takes after his father," she explains, giving me a comforting smile, "It's not a sin to struggle."

"At first I was, but... Maybe it's not too bad," I lie, faking a smile.

"I think I like you a lot already. Maybe we didn't need a princess after all. I think you'll do him justice.

"I know it's hard, but Elias is kind and caring. I don't think he's that angry with you, even though it seems likewise. I think he's embarrassed. And angry about letting his father and I down and getting you two into this mess. But you two could be very happy, I know it. But it's your choice, Sapphire. You choose."

~~~

I walk out of Elias's mother's room. Now might be my chance to escape.

I walk downstairs acting normal. I can see my room, but continue the next two flights of stairs.

I see the door. It's big, wooden and heavy. I push it; struggling. But slowly it begins to open, moving foward. I wonder if other people have tried before or if they have just been like Denise; content with their situation and calm.

I begin to run, not bothering to close the door behind me. I smile at the fresh air and hurry, knowing I lack time.

Suddenly, I am pulled of the ground by a net. My heart begins to beat faster and I'm terrified by the odd silence. Normal forests have bird. This one feels empty.

I sigh, trying to make myself feel comfortable. This could be a long wait.

A/N: Sorry that this chapter is shorter than the rest... Just with how things have turned out...
Vote if you like this chapter and comment if you want to say something. Constructive criticism is welcome!
Also, thanks Rosliniya, for the support and votes. Please check out her books!