Sapphire

I awaken on a sofa in my living room. Jeremy is talking to my parents.

"We can't let her out of anybody's sight. That when he'll strike," I can just about make up and I feel sick. I stand up, weakly. My mum sees it and hurries over to me.

"Sapphire, are you alright?", she asks, clutching my hand.

I nod, "Don't worry mum. I just feel sick. Can I go to the toliet?"

She nods and let's me go, allowing me to head to the toliet. I can't help vomiting. Then I flush it and walk into the bathroom, washing my hands.

When I return, I discover they could hear me throwing up. I groan as my mum fusses over me. My father shows me a bemused look and I give him my sarcastic, "Thanks for thr help," glare. I love my mum, but I get annoyed when she fusses over me this much. Especially when my friends are here.

She finally stops, allowing me freedom. She suggests I go to bed, which I think is a good idea, so I agree. She comes up with me, carrying a bucket, incase I'm sick again. Then I quickly change into my pyjamas and brush my teeth, before returning to my bed, which my mum is sitting next to.

I'm pretty confused but tired, so I dont argue.

~~~

The argument is the next night.

I thought my mum was just watching me because of me throwing up. Turned out it was because of Elias.

"Mum, I can't sleep with you watching me! I can't! I just can't!"

"We could maybe watch you from a camera...", she thinks.

"NO! I just can't sleep knowing somebody's watching me! It gives me the chills!", I complain, shuddering.

"But sweetie, this just for your saftey," she whispers, grabbing hold of my hand, "I can't go through that one day again. I can't."

Her hands are sweaty, concern writtrn all over her face. I feel guilty, but I can't be aware of somebody watching me while I'm sleeping. It makes me uncomfortable and feel like I have no privacy.

"Oh, alright," my mum says with a tiny grin and I feel like she's up to something. But she lets me sleep alone.

~~~

I am tired of it. I can never be alone. It's been a week since I saw Elias and I'm still always with at least one person, unless I'm sleeping. I don't feel like I'm being watched and I don't feel cold. I feel completely normal.

I walk up to Jeremy, realising thar Rachel was right. He's doing too much. He was the one who suggested this to my parents and now he's losing me.

"It's over," I growl.

"What?", he asks confused, "What's over?"

"Us."

He looks at me, a look of pain and sadness. I feel guilty, until I discover the anger in his gaze.

"What the hell, Sapphire?!", he snaps, "Why the hell are you breaking up with me?!"

"You've stopped me from having a private life. I have to be with somebody all the time! He's not coming back, okay?! Maybe he just wanted to know if I'm okay!", I yell, tears falling down my face. I don't want to do this. But I have to. For me. I can't carry on like this.

"I can't lose you again. And you can't go back. You were left traumatised. You don't deserve that again," he explains, sighing, "I can't believe it, Sapphire. I try to protect you, but how do you react?"

I look at the floor, blushing, "I... I just need a break. Time on my own. Maybe... We just need to take a break from each other..."

"No, Sapphire, you're not doing this. Only your father and I will stand a chance to protect you if it becomes physical. This is for your safety. If you want to stay, you need me," he says and begins to walks off, "Call me when you've realised I'm right."

I sit down on the bench outside, knowing my parents will think Jeremy's with me. The space and privacy makes me feel good and I bite my lip. I've got some time and I need to decide how to use it.

~~~

I head down the road, towards the park which is only two minutes away from my house. It's eerily empty, but most people are probably out somewhere.

I sit on a swing, kicking myself foward with my foot, allowing me to slowly move back and forth. I smile as I feel the wind blowing my hair back, the felling of freedom surrounding me.

I begin to sing since nobody's here. I'm not very good, but I like to do it occasionally, however haven't been able to with constant observation.

Suddenly I stop the swing, feeling sick. I stand up and feel dizzy. The park won't stop spinning and my heart begins to thud quickly again. I see images of my worst memories. All of the ones connected to Elias.

I let out and pained cry, trying to get the images out by hitting my head. Yet the I see a figure in the distance. It runs fowards, heading towards me. I try to run, however I'm paralysed, fear filling my pained heart. Jeremy was right. Elias was going to take me back and I'd pushed away the person who cared the most away.

A/N: I want to mention I may end up falling behind, but I'm bound to be able to do some writing today.
Thanks, PeridotLapisLazuli for your idea (you find out roughly who it is next chapter) and randomnessofwriting for your entertaining idea.