Elias

"We need to help get rid of that vampire. I saw your fighting skills and they're dreadful."

I laugh at Max's word, nodding. They are definitely very lacking in ability, so we need to help improve Sapphire's before we set off to chase her hunter.

"We also need to work on your intelligence," I joke and am responded by an angry glare from Sapphire. I grin, entertained. Some people never fail to make me smile.

"We need to work on your sense of humor. As it is, the vampire will just have to say, 'I'm going to kill you' and you'll crack up," Sapphire snaps, joined by an, "Ouch."

Max groans, rolling his eyes, "Can you two stop flirting? Please."

I blush and Sapphire protests, "I have a boyfriend!"

"Yeah, and you left him to see vampire 1 and 2, one of which kidnapped you so that he could marry you, so what does that say about your loyalty?", Max points out, followed by Sapphire replying, "Mind control.

Max throws me a surprised glance, before shaking his head, "Either way, can you shut up. We're going back home today, so we can't immediately start work. But once we're back we can improve the lacking skills we could teach you while Elias was having a nice sleep."

I laugh at his words, amused by his attempt to seem extremely superior, "Hearing you speak, you wouldn't be able to tell that I'm the one who's in charge."

"Yes, but I'm your protector and always will be," Max states, receiving a confused look from Sapphire, making me smile. She's clueless about a lot and I'll let it stay this way. I don't think she's a power hunter, but if she is...

My mother comes outside, sighing, "We decided to give you three some time on your own, but now we have to head back."

I nod as my father, Laurette, Aunt Christine and Uncle Graham march outside. My aunt and uncle hug me, Aunt Christine kissing my cheek, "Elias, dear, know that you're always welcome! It's always nice to see you!"

I smile, "The pleasure is all mine."

That makes her smile, but then she heads away, giving Laurette a chance to bid me farewell. My stomach tightens, because I don't know what will happen. Will she kiss me again?

She takes hold of my hand, sadly smiling, "How are you feeling?"

"Okay, I guess...", I reply.

I feel her arms wrap themselves around my neck, her cold skin touching mine, "I'll miss you..."

I stay silent, not sure what to say. I like her, but then there's Sapphire. Laurette pulls back and beams at me, before kissing me on the lips. I'm a bit stunned, but slightly kiss back, even though I'm confused about my feelings. I'll never be able to have Sapphire and I need to deal with that.

We pull away and Laurette struts off, sadness visible in her eyes. Part of me screams to stay and cheer her up, but the rest of me longs to leave this place. I paste my emotionless expression I've been using quite a bit lately onto my face. With being around Sapphire I'm going to have to use this a lot.

~~~

I sigh, closing my eyes as I see Sapphire sleeping next to me, her brown hair contrasting from her pale skin. It pains me to watch her so peaceful and beautiful, but know I can never have her. That's why I'm closing my eyes, to escape the feeling, even though I'm going to have to get used to it.

Max glances at me, "Good luck."

I throw him a confused look, not quite certain what he's getting at, "What do you mean?"

"I mean the fact you have a major crush on this girl you can't have and you have to spend who knows how long you have to spend with her. It's going to be fun to see how long you can handle it."

"Max, give it a rest," my mother growls, "I'm leaving you responsible of Elias. You're his protector, so I'm making you defend him if he considers giving up his life for her. She is just a human and isn't going to be with us much longer."

Anger coats my heart as she says the first part of the final sentence, "Just a human? You were the one who made her came in the first place! Besides, all life is important!"

Sapphire jolts up and I hate myself for waking her.

"Are we there yet."

Max snorts and I groan at his amusement, before shaking my head, "Not yet. I'm sorry."

"Don't be," she says, looking out of the window. I deliberately lean back to make sure she can see well enough. She smiles, leaning slightly forward. Through the gap between her and the chair, I can see Max rolling his eyes, before crossing his fingers to wish me good luck.

A/N: Sorry for the delay! I was busy with school and stuff. But here it is.
Vote if you enjoyed this chapter and comment your opinion!