Sapphire

I sit in Tracey's living room, sipping a cup of fruit tea. That's when Tracey enters with the lemon and Mascarpone cheesecake. It looks amazing.

All of us get a piece and the conversation begins as we tuck into our tasty dessert.

"So how's hot dog man?", Caroline asks Abbie.

That was something that surprised me a lot when I finally got to go back to normal life. Abbie had broken up with Jason.

"Can you guys finally call him Ben?", she asks, "I don't want him learning about this."

"Why not?", Tracey inquires, "Chris is fine with being called party guy."

That's when Rachel speaks up, "But he made that reputation himself!"

Tracey and Chris ended up together. It's pretty amazing and like a romantic fairy tale come true. Caroline is still single, Rachel still has a crush on a girl in her dance class and Leah is still anti dating. Something to do with girl's strength.

"Anyway, Ben's fine," Abbie explains.

"What about his dog?", I joke and recieve an annoyed look.

We sit silently for a while, just enjoying the refreshing sour taste of Tracey's cake. Then the subject drifts to school and I zone out, wondering what it would've been like if Elias was a normal guy and I was dating him. What would his nickname be?

Immediately I feel guilty, but my mind still keeps wandering from what we're talking about.

"Sapphire?", Fiona says.

I look at them, blushing since they were all looking at me. It's happened again. I've been caught up in those two days again, a small longing for them. I guess I miss the excitement, even though it was rather traumatising.

I close my eyes and sigh. I don't want them to think I miss it. If they knew I miss Denise they would be jealous and if they knew I miss Elias in a way... I drink a sip of tea.

~~~

Jeremy enters the rooms. I guess he doesn't completely enter, because he stops once he reaches the doorframe, awkwardly standing and smiling at me. He never used to be quite this awkward. Something probably happened when he was hanging out with the boys last night. Even though they have other friends, all our boyfriend's occasionally hang out.

"Hi, can I steal Sapphire yet?", he asks, looking at us.

"Nope," Tracey jokes, responded by Jeremy rolling his eyes. I can understand. It's rather overused.

I stand up, weakly smiling and heading towards him. I go on tiptoes and kiss him, before we head out. I get into his car, sitting next to him and we set off.

"Where are we going tonight?", I ask, watching him drive.

"I thought we could have a meal out and then... I have a walk through the park planned," he tells me, throwing me a glance and a smile.

"Sounds good," I reply, happy that we tend to do peaceful things. I don't like parties anymore, but I'll have to go to Chris's for Tracey. However the next one isn't till summer, so everything's fine. Unless he throws Tracey a special birthday party, which I wouldn't put beyond him.

We arrive at a cheap pizzeria, since Jeremy doesn't want to spend too much. He has a job, but even though there isn't that much money to spend on our dates.

Soon after entering we're taken to a table. There aren't that many people around us, which I'm glad about. Even though it has good quality food, the decorations aren't especially fancy, but I don't care about how posh it is. I focus on the fact that I'm here with Jeremy and he's still here, even after I told him about Elias. He told me that it is proof for amazing I am.

We order our meals and a normal conversation starts. I ask him why he and the boys stayed up till 6 A.M.

"We went out to a bar - well, some of us, got drunk and watched football. And we woke up in a hut on the top of a mountain. It's a miracle I made it today."

I laugh at the tale, drinking some sparkling water. Jeremy smiles and I frown as I realise that it's one of relief; glad that I'm laughing.

"Jeremy. It's... It's been a month..."

"You're still having nightmares," he points out.

I sigh, "But in the daytime..."

I remember what happened this morning, allowing the horrors to return. I have a sudden headache and try to hide it, but Jeremy seems to notice me flinch.

"Sapphire. We can leave if-"

"No! We've ordered our meal. I... Can I just go outside for a few minutes? I'll be back soon. I know our food's going to take a while..."

Jeremy sighs. Then he sadly smiles and nods.

"Be careful," he mumbles.

"I will be," I reply.

He's scared that Elias is going to take me back, a voice in my mind says.

Then why would Elias have let me go?, I point out and walk out, embracing the fresh air. There's a small wind, causing my hair to blow.

I smile as I look up at the stars, that are twinkling brightly. They're so beautiful. I can't wait for my walk in the park.

I start to feel dizzy and think about going inside. I'll just stay another minute, I decide, rubbing my shoulder. I sit on one of the outside chairs, however jump up when I discover that it's wet, the icy cold water soaking through my trousers.

I curse for a moment and stay another minute.

Suddenly I feel cold breath on my neck.

A/N: This is one of the reasons I'm thinking about making it a thriller. Should I?
Thanks Mo_Linguish , for your support!
I have the next chapter done and it will be posted tomorrow.