Jeremy

I pull out my phone, looking at the message again. Is it too late? I don't know. But Sapphire's not said anything and I'm concerned.

I call the number, waiting a while for a reply. After ten seconds a voice replies, "Hello."

"Who are you?", I ask, "You claim to be able to get Sapphire back for me."

There's a short pause, before I recieve a reply, "Ah, I see... I think I should have time in a few days. I'll have to check. I'll message you when I know the date."

With that, the call ends. I grin, knowing that my strategy is better than Tracey's. I shake my head, remembering that our rivalry has always annoyed Sapphire. Though I doubt it's ever going to change.

I get out my homework, remembering that I have still got things to do over the weekend. Sapphire disappearing was extremely distracting.

That's when I realise that unless Sapphire told them her parents don't know. I assume they do, because I think they would've called me otherwise.

After an hour of homework, I check my phone. There's a message from the guy who claims he can find Sapphire.

"Meet me at the café in the town square. The one with the red and white umbrellas. Hurry."

~~~

"Sorry!"

I struggle for breath as I sit down with a man, who seems to be waiting for someone.

"You're the person who messaged me about Sapphire, right?"

He nods, taking a sip of dark strawberry juice, "Jeremy, isn't it."

"Yes," I reply, uncertainly eying him. I have a feeling that he is a bit of a rebel, by his leather jacket.

"Don't judge me," he bluntly says; smirking as he leans back.

A waiter comes, asking if I want anything. I ask for a coffee. The man looks at the waiter, shaking his head. The waiter walks off and I wonder what the head shake means.

"So... Where's Sapphire?"

The guy smiles, "One thing at a time. We need a strategy first."

"We've got the element of surprise on our side!"

"I know... I need more information. There are three members of family in the castle who would fight. One is... Well... I'm not sure about him. Another one... I'm not sure right now. I think he would fight against us though," he explains, "I need to figure out things. I'll message you when things are figured out."

"Wait, how do you have my number?", I ask.

"I have my ways," he says and finishes his drink, just as mine arrives. He then says to the waiter, "I already paid," and leaves.

I take a sip of my coffee, watching him leave, not quite sure what to make of it.

~~~

When I get back home, Tracey's stood in front of the house. She looks bitter and fed up.

"At last," she groans, "I thought you'd never come."

"What are you doing here?", I inquire, irritation in my voice.

"You were right," she sighs and I can't help rejoicing, so I say, "Good things come to those who wait!"

I immediately regret it.

"You've had help!?", she eagerly shouts, traces of excitement in her eyes, "You have to fill me in on the details!"

I stay silent, not wanting Tracey to know about the mystery man and our meeting. Tracey obviously réalisés what's going on.

"Jeremy! Do you think I wanted to share my information with you? No! But I had to because you're her boyfriend and have a right to know. You need to share this with me. I'm her best friend. We have to work as a team for Sapphire, okay?!"

These words make me admire Tracey, though nobody's ever finding out about that. But it seems like she's the better one of the two of us.

"Alright."

She smiles, "Fill me in."

So I do, explaining the message and the meeting, however struggling, due to Tracey's many interruptions. How can Sapphire spend so much time with her? I guess the girl's mind is a mystery. But Chris also spends so much time with her.

Tracey rolls her eyes, "Jeremy, you're so stupid! He's a vampire hunter! The café must have been their secret hideout! Wow! You're so lucky!"

"Sure... Because a café's a hideout!"

"They disguised it, stupid," she laughs, "Seriously! Boys! I have no idea what Sapphire sees in you!"

"They same!"

Tracey rolls her eyes and pulls out her phone, reading something, before nervously looking up, trying to hide the fact she's biting her lip.

"I need to go! I forgot about my date with Chris!"

I laugh, remembering all the scatter brain Tracey stories Sapphire told me. However, it also saddens me. Sapphire should be the one laughing about this. Not me.

I'm sorry, Sapphire. But I'm coming for you. And I'll get revenge for what they did to you.

A/N: Well this is overdue! But it's here now! So yes!