Sapphire

"Yes! I mean, no!"

I was mistaken saying the truth. I realise that the moment aftet I say it, just after I can't undo it. They're vampire hunters. The moment they know Elias's identity he's on their "To kill" list.

"Cool!", Ginger squeals, "Can we meet him?"

I blink after the youngest hunter says that, surprised. I thought they hated vampires.

"What is it? Cat got your tongue?", Meryl asks, grinning at my stunned expression.

"Don't you... Hunt vampires? Won't you want to kill him?"

Meryl laughs, accompanied by Ginger. Soon the rest join in. Something seems fishy, unless the guys didn't know if they could laugh.

"Honey, we only kill bad vampires! If this one was your friend, then obviously it's a great idea to let him live! Unless he was pretending to protect you, so that he could bite you," the oldest female hunter explains, smiling, but then she grabs my hand, clutching it, "Before we do anything though, do you think he is a bad vampire?"

I determinedly shake my head, "He's a good vampire. He's made mistakes, but... He's good natured."

Ginger nods, "Then we can't kill him! But do you think we could see him?"

"No. He's not in the best condition and I don't think he'd appreciate me bringing you," I explain, receiving a disappointed sigh from Ginger.

"We just want to learn some techniques. Come on, honey, please?", Meryl begs, looking extremely sad.

"Oh, alright," I give in, "But I'm not sure whether I can remember the way..."

"Yay!", Ginger shouts, smiling and surprising me with her childishness, "Van?"

I nod and they hurry into the van. Hugh climbs into the front and gestures to me to get into the side.

We set off and using his navigation, I figure out which way we have to start with. I lean back, relaxing a bit. It's nice to calm down a bit and forget all the problems in my life for a minute.

We turn left, because of that turn in the road not being on the map, which Hugh thinks is a clear sign that a vampire lives there. He's right.

Soon we get out and I look up, seeing Max. I innerly curse, preparing myself for my death. Why does he have to be the first one to spot me.

Suddenly, I hear a window shatter and a body springs out. I look up and realise it's Elias. What's going on?

Meryl grabs her stake, about to throw it, but I shout at her not to. However she replies, "Sorry kiddo, that's what we do."

She smirks, about to throw it, but I run in front of her. Quickly she stops her arm. She looks at something and soon I'm grabbed, but Elias has already landed.

Before I know it Max is also outside and rather grumpy. I blush a bit, as they start tp fight the vampire hunters. I try to punch one of them and mess up. To be honest, it's rather pathetic.

Watching Elias and Max fight, I can tell how weak Elias has become after his near death experience. I gaze at him admiringly, however suddenly a hand grabs me.

I feel a knife touching my neck as Ginger snarls, "Attack and she dies."

I growl, realising that it's me or them. Yet with Max and Elias being smart, they grab hold of the hunters, but don't exactly attack them. I realise I need to find my way out of this.

The problem for Ginger is, she is still young and has lots to learn. I try simply pulling her arm away, which works, due to her not being smart enough to be prepared for that.

Max and Elias spring back into action, weakening the hunters before going inside with them. I keep my foot on Ginger, trying to make her stay on the floor, ready for my friends to do what they do.

Max returns first and glares at me, "You're next, Sapphire."

I freeze, going cold. They're going to kill me now, aren't they. I know I was an idiot bringing the hunters here, but everyone makes mistakes. Like Elias did.

Max carries Ginger off, followed by Elias looking at me and sighing, "Why did you do that, Sapphire? Vampire hunters?"

"I wanted help killing my chaser. I accidentally told them about you and they claimed they don't kill good vampires...", I explain.

"How did you believe them?!", Elias asks, followed by me snapping, "You thought I was princess!"

Elias rolls his eyes, "Haven't your realised? I wanted to think that. You're special."

"Oh please! You made that up as an excuse! You don't really believe that!"

Elias seems to be stunned and Max strolls out, "You have to admit, it was a stupid mistake. But anyway. Sapphire."

Fear creeps up inside me. Is he still planning my death or did he listen to the whole conversation? That question is soon answered.

"We need to help get rid of that vampire. I saw your fighting skills and they're dreadful."

A/N: Can I just take a moment to ask you who you ship Sapphire with? Too many ships!
Thanks to you! You're awesome. Mistaken's going down the list, but eh, that's life.
If you liked this chapter, vote and comment. You guys motivate me and make me write more and more.
I love you guys!