Sapphire

It's not easy to decide what to do. Should I leave my friends and be safe or should I let my welfare be at risk, but stay with Jeremy?

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I decide what I'm going to do. It's what my parents would want.

I look up at Elias, ready to answer, "I'll go with you."

Elias grins, so I decide to specify one more thing, "But only if we hunt this guy down, get him to stop and then I'm going back home."

It's answered with a sigh, "Sapphire, you know it's hard to get a vampire to do what you want? They are immortal. Well, there is a way... But if something goes wrong..."

"Well, do you want me to go with you or not?", I snap, my hands on my hips, frowning.

Elias nods, "It's for the best. Let's go. I have a phone, so I can hopefully get Max to pick us up. Well, it depends what he's doing..."

Elias pulls out his phone, while I pace around, thinking. Will Jeremy wait? Will my parents be angry? Probably. I can answer the second question, but the first... What if he leaves me? The person who has helped me for a long time... I guess I kind of broke up with him...

I get out my phone, while Elias is talking to Max. I type in one word.

"Sorry"

I sigh, brushing a loose strand of hair out of my face as I worry about how he'll react to it. I immediately get a reply.

"Can I come over or are you busy?"

Sadly, that's when Elias speaks up, "Ok, Max will pick us up from the big shopping centre."

I bite my lip and nod, looking down at the street. I never realised quite how much texture they have.

"Sapphire? Come on, let's go," Elias inpatiently says, obviously eager to leave, so I force myself to smile, before starting to walk. My phone starts to ring and I recognise the ring tone as Jeremy's. However I know now's not the time.

I'm grateful that Elias doesn't comment, but I doubt he wants to get delayed any longer. That thought makes me not as grateful as I'd just been. But vampires are like humans in some ways - flaws. They're just as selfish.

Eventually my phone goes silent and we're left walking without any noises except the sound of cars on the nearby main road. But I don't want that to change. The silence makes it easier.

We arrive at the supermarket and sit on a wall. That's when conversation starts.

"So... How you've been?", Elias awkwardly asks.

"Since you kidnapped me? I guess the answer has to be crap," I reply, groaning.

Elias sighs, "Sapphire, I'm sorry about that. I've changed. And you led me on."

"That doesn't justify kidnap! I probably shouldn't be going. But you can kill my crazy stalker, so I think I'm going to stay until he's dead."

"You're stubborn, you know that, right?"

"I am not!", I argue, glaring at him, "You're evil, you know that right?"

Elias shakes his head and we go back to the silence we were in. It's probably for the best. Otherwise we'll probably just end up arguing, like we just did.

Eventually, a black car appears witb tinted windows. The door opens and a lady walks out. She has a ginger bob and her skin is pale. As she heads towards us, Elias grows tense.

"Sapphire, get rid of the stale bread," he mutters, but I point out, "That woukd be littering."

"Then put it in a bin," he snaps, still quiet.

I roll my eyes and head to the nearest bin to discard my piece of bread. To be honest, it's nice to be able to do that. Even though it doesn't really make that much of a difference.

I start heading back towards Elias and the lady, to whom he is uncomfortably talking to. I reach them and the lady asks, "Who is she?"

"Sapphire," I reply, while Elias grows more tense. I want to know what's going on.

"I see. I've heard about you...", she sighs, followed by Elias suggesting to head back.

"Oh, Max organised a visit to our place," she replies and Elias looks rather angry, when he points out, "Max isn't even related to you."

"Temper, Elias," she says, before turning around and strutting off. Before we can start, Elias mutters, "I'll kill him."

"What's wrong?", I inquire, confusion and curiousity filling me.

"Nothing that you should worry about," Elias growls, as he begins to walk. I follow him, soon entering the back of the car, next to the lady, since Elias and the chauffeur are at the front.

As the car starts, I pull out my phone and see messages from Jeremy.

"Sapphire? Why didn't you answer?! Are you okay?!", is the most recent one.

"Don't worry. I'm okay. It's for the best <3"

A/N: I wonder how Jeremy's going to react... And who's the lady? Comment your opinions!
Feel free to vote and constructive criticism is always welcome!