Sapphire

I froze for a second, before I could move. I began to run, but a hand grabbed me. I screamed, looking into the restaurant.

I'm let go as people start to come out. I move back, but can't help throw a glance at the person who wanted to attack me. However I could only make out a tall running shadow.

My heart was beating fast and I turned over to run towards Jeremy. Other people look at me and I close my eyes, allowing a tear to fall out.

"We're leaving," Jeremy decides, "How much do I owe you?"

He looked at the waiter we'd had, but he shook his head, "It's on the house."

They'd all seen him. They'd seen... Elias. He was back and wanted to take me again.

I shuddered and Jeremy protectively wrapped an arm around me. We headed towards the car, which I got in, while Jeremy fetched something out of the boot. He came in and showed me what it was, offering it to me. It was a blanket, that I naturally accepted.

"You didn't have a blanket before...", I mumble, slowly getting rid of the chill that had filled the air around me after I'd grown chilly. I'd just dismissed it as nothing, but...

"You hadn't been kidnapped back then," he points out.

I close my eyes, trying to remember what happened last time. How I left.

~~~

Elias grabs my hand, dragging me along behind me. I felt fear creep up on me. He said he wasn't going to let me die. So what is going on?

We enter a library and he looks at a chair. I know what he wants me to do before he says it, however I don't want to obey him.

"Sit," he growls.

I stay standing, scared, however he simply pushes me, causing me to fall back. I wince due to the impact, however soon my face returns to the emotionless mask I want to wear.

Elias grabs an old looking book and starts to mutter some words, glaring at me. I am rather confused about what he's doing, but I start to feel sleepy. No, not now, I think, trying to stay awake, however that seems to make me want to sleep more. My eyes close as I begin to lose consciousness.

Elias smiles as I grow weaker, however it's a kind smile that slightly comforts me, however I continue struggling. Yet he starts to hum a lullaby and I find that it's the final steps.

Then I woke up in my bed, told that somebody had broken a window into Chris's houses and I'd been found there.

~~~

I look at Jeremy, a tear rolling down my cheek, "I don't understand... Why'd he let me go, just to kidnap me, unless he thinks it's some fun game!"

"I'm getting you home. And if I see him again, I'll kill him. We need to protect you, Sapphire," Jeremy whispers, and starts the cars engine.

I sigh as we leave the restaurant. I catch a glance of the stars, that now seem like they're fading. I shudder at the thought, feelings of darkness taking over. There is no light in Elias. I thought he cared when he took me back, but now he's after me again.

"Sapphire. Call Caroline or somebody. It's not good to think about it."

"Okay, I'll call Tracey," I decide, starting to scroll through my contacts list after getting out my phone, but Jeremy says, "Not Tracey. She'll ask you about it."

I go for Abbie, because she'll make me feel happier. She'll joke, while Caroline is quite serious.

However Abbie doesn't answer and I assume she's out with hot dog man, because most of us were going out after this, so I call Rachel.

"Hi, Sapphy, what's up?", she asks, causing me to groan as she says my name.

"Elias turned up and tried to take me back."

"See, that's why I don't like boys. Can't accept that when it's over, it's over," Rachel groans, making me wonder if this real was such a good idea.

"Elias and I were never together," I disagree.

"But he wanted you to be his wife," she pointed out.

"But... He-"

"Can you change the subject! Thinking about it's just gonna make it worse! You can't keep thinking about him!", Jeremy impatiently demands.

"Jeremy is jealous, Sapphy. Elias wants you back and who knows how far he's gonna go. I'd ditch Jeremy now, because he's just going to be extremely jealous," Rachel advises me, but I shake my head, "I'm not leaving Jeremy!"

Jeremy throws me a quick smile, followed by Rachel beginning to talk again.

"Well, don't say I didn't warn you," Rachel says and ends the call.

Jeremy stiffly laughs, "What kind of friends do you have?!"

I stay silent, causing Jeremy to frown.

"This isn't fair," I decide.

"Yeah, it isn't," he growls, "He needs some respect."

"No. Not that. You don't trust me," I whispered, my eyes beginning to fill with water. In love you're supposed to trust one another, but he obviously believes that Rachel is capable of making me leave him.

"Of course I have my doubts. What did you do when I was ill? Tracey and Rachel can persuade you to do... Questionable things."

I freeze, trying to think of a comeback. Even though he got so drunk he ended up in a hut on top of a mountain, he has got a point. I danced with Elias. I may have led him to believe something different, even though it still wasn't a ticket to kidnap me.

"I felt guilty. Those dances... Meant nothing to me..."

"It's not a flaw in you. It's Tracey."

"What's your problem with Tracey?", I snap.

Jeremy sighs, "Let's not go there. Anyway, I can still spend time with her."

I close my eyes, silence filling the car. I feel myself dowsing off, but decide to just let it happen. The last thing I could hear was the growling of the car's motor.

A/N: Do you think it's Elias? Comment below.
Thanks WindsweptWolf77 for your support.
Vote if you like it and your comments make me smile!