Chapter Two

Jayce played with Harper in their part of the living room that was blocked off with a baby gate, giving Danielle time to make dinner and me time to get ready for work. That, though, was currently put on hold while I dialed Tessa's number that hadn't changed.

There were a few rings before I heard Tessa's voice, "Yeah, hey mom. What's up?"

I furrowed my brows and turned off the tv that wasn't being watch, "It's Nadia, Tessa." There was shuffling on the other end and I debated whether I should hang up or not until she finally answered, "Hey. I know it's you, I just haven't talked to Kylie or Kendall about meeting up with you."

"Why not?" My nerves began to get the best of me because this is what I had feared them getting angry over me. 

"I just want it to be a surprise." Tessa's voice was low meaning they could probably still hear her. 

I sighed, "Tessa, I don't know if I should really meet up with you guys. It's been a long time." Behind me Jayce began to scream but it was one of excitement and I tried my best to shush him but he ignored me.

"Is that Jayce?" I hummed in approval, "It's been so long since I seen his little butt. Please meet up with us, Nadia. There's shit going on and I wanna talk to you about it in person." I sighed, leaving the room and giving Dani a signal that said I was going to talk to Tessa in my room.

"What would we do?" I asked. 

"Ken and Kylie are in a shoot right now and I know they have somethings to do for PacSun tonight, so maybe you could meet us at this party for something Kendall's doing here tomorrow?"

I laid my head in my hand, "I guess that could work. I work at the bar in the morning so I'm good for the night and I'm off the next day, I would just have to call the babysitter." I sighed and looked at the calendar, tomorrow was Thursday not a normal day for the babysitter.

"Oh, yeah you would need a babysitter. I forgot, damn."

I wanted to roll my eyes but it wasn't Tessa's fault that she didn't understand. People my age rarely understood what it was like to be a mom. I held back my irritation as I spoke, "Yeah, I don't see why she wouldn't be able to do it, it's just a little last minute and I was supposed to watch Harper too. I should be good, hopefully."

The truth was I didn't know if I would be good, the babysitter was young and we always gave her a schedule at the beginning of the week. 

"Okay, well text me and you can just wear a causal dress to the party. I could probably get you an Uber from Kylie. I love you, bye."

"Love you too, bye Tessa." I hung up and went to talk to Dani who I knew would be supportive about me going to this. 

-------

The next day 

I sighed and looked at the clock it was 9:40 pm so the babysitter, who was more than happy to babysit tonight, would be here soon along with my Uber. Both Jayce and Harper were already asleep so it should have been an easy night for our babysitter, Maddie. As I cleaned the last of Jayce's bottles the doorbell went off causing me to flinch and listen intently to make sure the kids were still asleep.

I meant to tell her to text me when she was here but my nerves filled my thoughts. After letting Maddie in I gave her a rundown of everything for the night, not that she needed it. Once finished I grabbed my purse and evened out my dress. 

Before getting into the awaiting Uber I quickly walked into the bar, telling Dani that I was leaving

Before getting into the awaiting Uber I quickly walked into the bar, telling Dani that I was leaving. She smirked as she made her way to me with Tyler following closely behind.

"I'm heading out." She gave me a once over and shook her head, "What?"

"Nothing have fun, I get off at one then the place is Ty's for the night." She nodded towards him, knowing he was behind her. 

Ty furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at me, "Where you going?"

Dani answered for me, "She's going out. Finish making the drinks for those guys they giving you that pissed look, Ty." She waved him off before telling me goodbye. I quickly got into the Uber who had had the meter running the entire time, I shook my head. Not that Kylie would care it was just irritating. 

The Uber already had the address and as we got deeper into the city my nerves grew more. I missed Kylie and everyone but seeing her was nerve wrecking. As I got lost in my thoughts the car stopped in front of a large hotel that looked to be too expensive for me to even think about. 

I slowly got out and pulled my phone out of my purse, texting Tessa. There was no music from what I could hear and I don't know if that made me more or less nervous. After only about Tessa came out smiling, quickly wrapping me in a tight hug.

"Hey, I've missed you. You honestly look great Nadia, you're such a milf and you're hair. Fuck it up." Tessa looked me up and down before leading me into the hotel. She didn't look too bad either but she hadn't had a kid a year ago and spent every other day in the gym since. 

"Tessa, you're crazy. Where are Kylie and Ken?" We stood in front of two wide doors and the man that stood on the side of them quickly opened them for us, Tessa nodding at him as a thank you.

"They're over here, it's their party but they don't really have to do anything besides be here." As she said this we approached a group of people that stood in the corner only some I recognized but no one that I knew personally until I see Kylie.

Her back was turned to me and her hair was now short and I assumed it was a wig, surprisingly she hadn't change other than that. Tessa met her side with me standing behind her, she quietly whispered something to Kylie who turned around. 

It took her a few seconds to process my face and when she did her eyes widened. She silently pulled me over to the wall, not even saying anything to the people she had been talking to, and hugged me tighter than Tessa had. 

I smiled and tried to hug back to the best of my ability. Once she pulled away she smiled, her eyes a little glossy, "Oh my god."

I gave her a small smile, "Hey."

She looked at Tessa then back to me, "What they actual hell? Nadia?"

"In the flesh." I held my arms out to my side and she hugged me again before continuing, "What are you doing here? And is your hair pink?"

I nodded and laughed, "Tessa invited me to surprise you and Ken, and yes my hair is pink."

"Ken can wait. What the hell? I just don't get it, New York?" She questioned but before for I could answer Tessa grabbed her elbow, alarmed and secretively pointed behind me. I didn't have time to look in the direction when someone met my side. 

"Is there no beer here? Wine?" I knew that deep voice and knew I would regret looking towards it but did anyway. He was only dressed in black slacks and a navy blue button up but still looked nice. Ryan smiled when his face met mine but that quickly turned to shock.

"Nadia?"

-------

By the way the Reece that plays Ty isn't Tammy's fiance Reece. It's him: 

 It's him: