Chapter Twenty Four

I silently sat on the balcony of the hotel room I was sharing with Ryan, Scooter could only manage to get three plane tickets on such short notice and since Ryan could provide the most information to help find Justin he came with us. It was now noon and despite being exhausted I couldn't think to sleep when we checked into the hotel. 

In the room, Ryan slept silently on the couch still in his clothes from last night. I didn't know what Scooter was up to but he had promised that he would continue to make calls to find them. 

Looking out over Calabasas made memories flood my mind. This city held so many memories for Justin and I, and being here caused a heavy feeling to fill my heart. At one point I loved him and even now I couldn't deny that. My eyes made my way down to the now cold tea in my hand and reminded myself that it was a good thing I left this city. It would have been too hard for me.

Behind me the doors slid open to reveal a still exhausted looking Ryan, "Have you gone to sleep at all?"

I shook my head, "I can't, I want to but I really can't. My mind won't let me."

"I get it," He took the seat next to me and looked off the balcony, "Have you eaten anything at least? You only at a bagel on the plane."

I again shook my head and he sighed, "I'm going to order room service and then call Scooter."

Standing up I followed Ryan inside and picked up my phone. I had countless miss calls from Tessa, Dani, and Kylie but I still wasn't in the mood to be drilled with questions, "I'll call Scooter." Dialing Scooter's number I thought about what Justin could possibly be doing right now with Jayce. 

Jayce would have been asleep when they left last night making it easier on him, but he was definitely awake by now and wondering where I was. There were mornings where I was gone for work before Jayce had woken up but those mornings he always had someone he knew there instead. Although he knew Justin he didn't trust him and would be crying for me.

Tears welled up in my eyes as the busy signal came through the phone right before Ryan rejoined me in the living room area, "Did you talk to Scooter?"

"No, that's who I was just calling. It was busy. Why?" There was something off about the look on his face but I couldn't pick it out, but as he spoke it became clear that something was wrong, "He talked to Justin's dad and he found them."

"Okay?"

Ryan stepped closer to me clearly debating whether he should grab my hand or not. He decided against it, "They're at the hospital. Something about a car accident."

I blinked a few times before speaking, "W-What?"

"They were hit on Jayce's side but that's all anyone knows. They were checked into the hospital around 1:30 after a passerby reported the accident." Listening to Ryan's words caused my head to ache and the tears to come out more fiercely. All I wanted was for Jayce to be safe after this and now that I knew he wasn't I couldn't think.

"I-If Justin couldn't even call the p-police on his own that means he wasn't even conscious, right? I-It hit Jayce side, h-he-" Ryan's hesitation from before dissipated and he quickly wrapped his arms around me. I let out much needed sobs, probably staining his shirt with my tears but this is what I needed right now. I needed someone to hold me while I cried and though I was supposed to be fake dating Ryan this gesture was sincere. 

His hand ran over the back of my head as he tried to sooth me, "Scooter's finding out which hospital their at now then we'll be on our way to them. Let's try to stay positive and keep our heads up. We don't know if he was unconscious or either one of their conditions. Why don't you change so we can head over to Scooter, figure this out, and see your son?"

I nodded and quickly attempted to get dressed through my foggy thoughts.

-------

When we got to the hospital that Justin was apparently at with Jayce their were news vans and paparazzi lined up a block away from the hospital. For good reason none of them were allowed within two thousand feet of the hospital.

I hadn't stopped crying for the past twelve hours and I was feeling it. My whole body was numb and sore at the same time and the lack of food in my system wasn't helping. Once we walked into the hospital Scooter was immediately met by a doctor and another detective that led us to an elevator. 

The doctor spoke hesitantly, clearly trying to be mindful of me, "Mr. Bieber does have a minor concussion and because of that hasn't been awake since the accident so we haven't gotten a chance to talk to him about it. The witness said that he was trying to make a left turn and misjudged how far away the car coming from the other direction was. He will most likely-"

My patience had gone away, I didn't care about Justin, "What about my son?"

The doctor looked at me shocked and sighed looking down at the clipboard in his hands, "Um, I am not the child's doctor but it says here that he was having some trouble breathing due to a broken rib so he is on a ventilator at the moment. Most of the impact hit the middle of the car which sounds bad but it is actually good."

"I want to see him." The doctor nodded and once the elevator stopped went to talk to Jayce's doctor. 

After waiting for thirty minutes Jayce's doctor led me with Ryan to Jayce's room while giving me all the information I was already told, "I am going to warn you that he doesn't look well since children tend to have worse reaction to these kind of things than adults. But with that being said their bones also tend to heal faster so I am hopeful about the recovery time."

I nodded and he slowly opened Jayce's door, letting Ryan and I walk in first, me after Ryan. I walked slowly, taking in all my surroundings: the white walls, the sanitary smell, the subtle beeps coming from various machines, and the hard word floors under my feet. The bed was the typical size but hard rails surrounding it. 

In the middle of the bed Jayce laid with large tubes hanging out of his mouth and a small IV placed on his right hand. My vision blurred again looking at his pale body. He looked weak and fragile and nothing like my happy son. 

I slowly made my way to his bed, picking up his left hand and rubbing my thumb across it. As I slowly sat down on the edge of the bed I brought my hand up to brush his hair off his forehead so that I could plant a soft kiss on it. 

Ryan made his way to my side and laid his hand on my shoulder, "We're here now. Everything is going to be fine." I nodded and stared down at Jayce, listening to the subtle beeps that came from his heart monitor.