Chapter Twenty Nine

Tessa never knocked on my door leaving me to believe she was either too embarrassed or just didn't care, which wasn't really an option. I laid in bed, exhausted hoping that Ryan would come up with Jayce soon.

A few minutes later there was a small knock on the door, hopefully my prayers being answered. I slowly got out of bed and looked in the small mirror above the dresser quickly, assessing the damage crying had caused me. I didn't have any makeup on, so the damage was limited to the puffiness and redness of my eyes.

I rolled my eyes, realizing there was no solution and walked to the door. I looked down for Jayce, but did not see him and as my eyes wandered up I could tell the person standing in front of me wasn't Ryan.

Martin's face was blank and his voice was low as he spoke, "Hey, can we talk?"

"Not really." My voice was husky, yet another symptom of crying.

Tessa must have not went back to the living room after that encounter and my attempt to pass the others without them noticing anything was wrong must have been a success. Enough of a success for Martin to make it to my room before anyone else.

"Nadia, come on. Can't we be adults?"

I scoffed at his audacity, still not letting him in my room, "You mean can I forget the years of pain you caused me because you ruined my relationship and are pretty much the reason I had to raise my son alone for the past two years? Not really, no." I went to close the door but his foot stopped it and he let himself in with the space that I had left.

"I don't want to argue, especially about something in the past. All I can do about that now is say I'm sorry and tell you that I have grown from it. I hurt you, I know that."

My head slightly spun from everything that was happening. All that I was going through showing the toll it had on me, "Thank you for your apology, but, with no due respect, it's not accepted. And neither will any explanation of your's and Tessa's relationship. She knowingly withheld it from me and I cannot forgive that, especially when she has sent you to apologize for it. I have been through a lot in the past two years, two weeks, really. So, Martin, if you will excuse me I would like some time to myself."

Martin nodded, surprise written all over his face, "I understand that, I'm sorry for this."

"Goodbye." As he left, I rested my head in my hands. And sent a quick text to Ryan.

I gathered my things for the bath before heading to Justin's room

I gathered my things for the bath before heading to Justin's room. His door was closed so I lightly knocked but did not receive a response. I knocked again, this time harder, "Justin?"

There, again, wasn't a response. I slowly turned the the knob and opened the door, not finding Justin. I slowly made my way inside, hearing music and voices coming from the bathroom. I paused trying to decipher the other voice, Za. I closed the door behind me and looked around the room. Literally nothing had changed.

"Still one hell of a room, Bieber."

I walked passed his reading nook that still had books from me sitting on the table meaning he hadn't used it in the past two years, unsurprisingly.

The double doors leading to his bathroom were closed and after pushing on them I realized they were also locked. The music stopped and I was expecting the door to open, but it never did. Instead, Justin and Za spoke on the other side of the doors.

They were quiet, but not enough for me to no make out what they were saying. Za spoke to Justin, "So, what you going to do, man?"

"Honestly, I don't know."

Although, I knew I shouldn't have continued to listen, I did.

"Gotta figure it out soon."

Justin sighed, "I know. This is just my fucking luck, man."

"For real, how you gonna have two baby mamas?"

My heart sank to my stomach as Justin snapped back at Za, "Man, shut the fuck up."

"My bad, dude. You gotta admit it's kinda funny."

Za's voice was closer to the door than it was seconds ago and I quickly went to leave the room, as an attempt to not be caught listening. The doors behind me swung open and lack of movement from the two meant the caught me.

"Nadia?"

I slowly turned to them, "Yeah, hey, I just wanted to know if there was somewhere I could take a bath?"

Justin's eyes flew back to something in the bathroom and then again to me, "Uh, y-yeah, I'll show you... Did you hear any of that?"

"Of what?"

Justin was to preoccupied to notice that I was clearly lying. Za slowly retreated back into the bathroom and whispered something to Justin, but Justin did not whisper his response, "No. You were supposed to."

His voice was alarmed as he stood at the entrance to the bathroom.

"You guys good?"

"Uh, yeah. You need a bath, right?"

I could hear Za shuffle in the bathroom, out of sight, and then a crush. Justin flinched and I peaked over his shoulder, seeing Za struggle to wipe something into the sink.

"Justin, what-"

"I'll take you to the bathroom down the hall."

Justin moved to grab my shoulder, but I successfully maneuvered around him only to find Za cleaning up what looked like remnants of cocaine off the counter. My eyes darted to what looked like the baggy it had been kept in before Justin pulled me out of the bathroom.

"Was that...?"

Justin quickly closed the bathroom door, "No, Nadia."

I looked at him in the eyes, finding his pupils extremely dilated. I quickly grabbed his wrist feeling for his pulse, "Nadia, what are you doing?"

"Your heart is racing, Justin, and your eyes are dilated. That's coke."

This time I pushed him out of the way and opened the doors back up, Za was standing with his hands on the edge of the sink. Clearly, knowing they had been caught.

"Nadia..."

Tears filled my eyes again, "I did hear what you said about Hailey by the way."

"Please don't-"

"I want to try."

-------

The End.

But don't worry there's more to come. For real, this time. 😁💜