Chapter Twenty

I sat between Jayce and Harper's car seats in the back of Kylie's large SUV. Her driver sat quietly in the front seat with headphones in his ears as Tessa tried to reason with me. I laid my head against my seat and blocked out Jayce's cartoons playing on the ipad to focus on her. 

She was completely turned around in the seat in front of me and talking quickly. No one followed after my little confession and I was secretly annoyed, after that I just wanted to go home. 

"Nadia, what if you guys just get a driver for the two of you and ride back to your place together? Me and the girls will watch Jayce." I rolled my eyes, knowing damn well Tessa could see even with my head to the roof of the car. 

"Or I could just go home with my son and go 'bout my life?" 

Tessa signed and pushed her hair out of her face. The easiest thing right now would just be to go home and deal with this later, but of course my life wasn't ever easy. I would either have to deal with this now or I'd get a call from Justin's management later.  I was choosing the latter.

"Whatever. I'm gonna text Kylie and tell her we're done for the day. We've basically seen everything anyway."

Justin's Pov

"They're not comin' back, so what are we doin'?" Kylie's voice was slightly annoyed, at me and Nadia, but I ignored it. I quickly typed out a text on my phone to Hailey telling her that I probably would be staying in the hotel with Ryan tonight.

Putting my phone down on the table I ran my hand over my head and looked at Ryan, "So who all knows? Everybody but me?"

Za slightly raised his hand, "Nah, I didn't know."

"Look, man, it doesn't matter now. You know so it's all good." I shook my head and stood up. I was mad at him before for even dating Nadia, but now I was just mad that he didn't tell me the kid was mine.

"Whatever. I'm goin' to the car, let's go." I was the first to walk away and get to the SUV for me, Ryan, and Za. When everybody finally caught up I was already sitting in the front seat and as Danielle opened the back door of their car to put her kid in I caught a look at Nadia. The windows were tinted so I couldn't see her before now, but she had definitely seen me. I couldn't see Jayce from here, but I remembered his face and thinking about it I was stupid not to realize he was mine instantly. 

I looked down at my phone in my hand and pulled up Nadia's number that I had gotten from Kylie, typing out a text.

We're gonna have to talk bout this

No shit

I rolled my eyes at her response and as I was about to reply I got another text.

Come to the bar at ten. Don't come through the front and text me when you get there. Wear a hat or something.

Anything else?

I wasn't warranted a response. In order to avoid any conversation with Ryan I turned up the radio and laid my head back, closing my eyes. 

-------

Nadia's Pov

I was technically off work tonight, so me telling Justin to meet there to talk was just to convenience me. Tessa and Kylie agreed to watch Jayce and Harper while I talked to Justin since Dani was working. Though I should have been nervous, I wasn't. This had been a long time coming and I just wanted to get it over by now. 

Jayce quietly snacked on bananas while watching Paw Patrol and I talked quietly to Tessa and Kylie.

"I didn't mean for you guys to get into a full blown fight. Maybe bicker a little but I was just bein' an ass and I'm sorry about that, Nadia." Kylie felt responsible for the whole blow out, thinking I was mad but, again, I wasn't even that. 

"Kylie, it's fine. He was bound to find out somehow and even though you brought up the whole him looking at me thing, that wasn't what made me tell him so it doesn't matter." My phone went off in front of me and I slowly picked it up, it displayed Justin's message announcing he was here, "He's here, so I gotta go."

Kylie nodded and stood up, waiting for Tessa to follow even though she was invested in her phone at the moment. I can them both a run down of everything with the kids for the time being and walked down the stairs. Instead of going out to the front I went to the back where I told Justin to meet me.

I couldn't see into the dark tented windows, but once he seen me he quickly got out of the back. He told his drive to stay here before walking up to me, "Hey."

"Hi. We're going to the office in the bar." He nodded before I turned to lead us to the office. The bar was loud considering how late it was, but it was just murmurs from the office. Sitting down at the desk I watched as Justin sat on the desk instead of in the chair that was next to me. 

I racked my brain for what to say, but that was cut short when Justin was the first to say anything, "You could have come back."

I knew he meant back to Calabasas. Though I had told everyone that he hadn't tried to contact me after I left, that was a lie. He did. He sent one text when I was on the plane, though he didn't know I was leaving the state just yet. Come back to the house.

"You could have called and tried harder." His head dipped down because he knew it was true.

"I wasn't completely sure I wanted send that text let alone call you, Nadia. You know that what you did actually hurt me, right? It wasn't just an act, like it actually fucked me up. I lost you, I lost someone I called a friend. Even though Tes-" He stopped and shook his head, I didn't know what he was going to say but it didn't look like he was going to finish. He surprisingly didn't get loud as he said this and now it was my turn for my head to dip.

My hands were shaking now and I could feel a knot forming in my throat. I had done a great job at not letting the guilt come back, but right now I couldn't stop it.

"I know, which is why I left. Justin, I-" I hesitated, swallowing back the knot, "I knew no matter what you were going to resent me for the whole thing and I knew regardless of if I would have had Jayce there and then gotten a paternity test that you would resent him as well. I just wanted to be alone so I didn't have to face that resentment."

"We're gonna have to tell Scooter. I think that's the only good thing that came out of you leaving, I didn't have to face Scooter and tell him. But, now I'm like shit it woulda been easier then."

I nodded, we still hadn't addressed Jayce and that'd be handled, "Jayce is-"

"I'll be there for him. I promise. My dad was never there for me and I won't let that happen anymore with Jayce. I should have just given us time and then called you." He took a deep sigh and continued, "Nadia, let me be there for him"

"Okay."

His eyes widened, clearly expecting me to put up a fight, "Okay...?"

"I'm the one that deprived you from being a father and even though I spent the past two years extremely angry at you, all I want is for Jayce to have his dad in his life."

He nodded in understanding, "Thank you. Scooter will still want a paternity test once he finds out."

"I figured."

"I wanna see him again."

This time I was shocked. I knew he'd want to see him again, just not this very second, "I don't think right now is the best time."

He took a deep breathe before standing up, "I'm gonna go."

"I'll walk out with you." Though the conversation was short and not much was said, I felt like enough was said for now. Getting to the car, Justin's driver started it but Justin himself hesitated to get in.

"Nadia, I still love you. Like you fucked me up, but I don't know."

Even though I knew that I felt the same, I wouldn't admit that to him. I nodded and sighed, "Bye, Justin. Let me know when we wanna figure the rest of this out."

-------

So, since I've made you guys wait so long and kinda of dragged this story on past what I wanted to I just wanna let you know that I do have so many plans with them. Evidence is Tessa texting whoever she's texting. And I got something big planned for Justin that's crazy honestly. So stick around.